Theme Shoot - With Jesselle Models

Items of local interest for those in Brisbane, the Gold Coast and the Sunshine Coast, plus those lost souls on the NSW North Coast.

Moderators: Greg B, Nnnnsic, Geoff, Glen, gstark, Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is. Please also check the portal page for more information on this.

Is anyone interested in doing a theme shoot with a www.jessellemodel.com?

Yes
64%
No
7%
Possibly
29%

Total votes : 14

More than 1 model!

Postby the foto fanatic on Wed Jan 19, 2005 10:20 pm

Matt. K wrote:100 photographers jostling for a shot at the model!!!!! Pass.

Sorry if I didn't make it clear. It wasn't quite that bad.
I'm unsure of the number of models - there may have been about 12 or so - and the property we were using was terrific for the purpose. It had old stables, rocky outcrops, a dam, bush areas etc. The models separated, and went to different locations.
But, there were just too many photographers. I think they came from a number of sources.
As I said, each model had to deal with 8-10 photogs, and some of them really had no idea of the fact that anyone else besides them was wanting to take a photo.
It could have been (should have been) so much better. I'm sure the organisers tried hard, but the basic problem IMHO was the numbers.
Too many photographers.
the foto fanatic

Postby birddog114 on Thu Jan 20, 2005 6:49 am

I won't bother to stand close in this type of shooting with 10 models and 100 photogs.
Is BCG tried to let you guy testing the camera + lens and flash instead of shooting of model?
When you do this type of shooting like you're painting a picture, if so crowded, noisy, disturbing you never have any good feeling and concentrating in doing the right thing.
Look at some fashion show, they have number of photogs but see how they turned out.
I think Gerard just organize a group shoot with the D70 Brisbane only, then you can learn more.
Birddog114
VNAF, My Beloved Country and Airspace
birddog114

Postby ajo43 on Thu Jan 20, 2005 8:45 am

Sounds more like paparazzi practice than a model shoot :wink:
Regards

Jonesy
ajo43

Postby leigh999 on Thu Jan 20, 2005 9:02 am

Hi cricketfan,

It was hectic on the day I agree. I tended to avoid the 'popular' models and keep an eye out for ones with only 3-4 people with them. I would go and take a few shots and then by the time a larger group turned up I already had what I wanted.

Although, as I am a very inexperienced (portrait) photographer I must admit I didn't know what I wanted most of the time and there was not much opportunity for tuition with such an enourmous group of people!

Nonetheless, I think the organisers did well and perhaps will consider limiting the numbers next time. I suspect it may be some time before they agree to take that on again though!

Rebecca
leigh999

Tuition?

Postby the foto fanatic on Thu Jan 20, 2005 6:25 pm

leigh999 wrote:Hi cricketfan,

Although, as I am a very inexperienced (portrait) photographer I must admit I didn't know what I wanted most of the time and there was not much opportunity for tuition with such an enourmous group of people!

Nonetheless, I think the organisers did well and perhaps will consider limiting the numbers next time. I suspect it may be some time before they agree to take that on again though!

Rebecca

G'day Rebecca
Yes, full marks to Jl and the team for organising what must have been a difficult day, and I certainly wouldn't want to disparage their efforts.

But I think you've hit the nail on the head. Not much oportunity for tuition, which was really what the day was about.

Anyway, I guess we all learned something. Did you get any good pix?

Trevor
the foto fanatic

Postby leigh999 on Thu Jan 20, 2005 9:14 pm

Mmmm... always reluctant to claim any 'good pix' but I have two or three from the day that I think might be OK with a bit of PP. I will get to that, and posting them, eventually... (I always have a backlog of pics for processing)...

Rebecca
leigh999

Postby xerubus on Thu Jan 20, 2005 9:19 pm

Rebecca and Trevor... looking forward to seeing some shots...
http://www.markcrossphotography.com - A camera, glass, and some light.
xerubus

Postby redline on Wed Feb 16, 2005 10:04 pm

so where did all the large photog group come from? this forum?
Life's pretty straight without drifting
http://www.puredrift.com
redline

Postby xerubus on Wed Feb 16, 2005 10:05 pm

bcg and brisbanephotography forums as far as i know...
http://www.markcrossphotography.com - A camera, glass, and some light.
xerubus

Postby Gerard on Wed Feb 23, 2005 10:57 pm

Gosh - I have been so so slack I am so sorry I have had my head down and bum up working with Brisbane Camera Group.
I organised 4 models on the weekend through the forum of Brisbane Camera Group, I only had 5 photographers there with 4 models, terrific morning - Interaction - 1 model was 5 another 10, one 18 and one 23.
I just made it a forum only shoot to encourage more people to get onto the forum and use it (I was limiting the numbers so it would not have gone over 10 photographers). Lots of tuition as there was only a small number of photographers and everyone took a turn holding the reflectors. Wonderful feelings all around, great to catch up with people that previously were only faces.
Brisbane Photographers - BCG is a terrific place to start and join in and so welcoming (and D70's are under represented) the quality of work is brilliant.
I know I originally said that I would organise the shoot with D70 users but as a BCG member I am going to run 1 per month with a few models at a time.
I almost feel traitorism here but folks to have a look at the BCG digital group. http://www.brisbanecameragroup.org.au
Gerard
Gerard

Previous

Return to Brisbane/Gold Coast/SSC and NSW North Coast