"Hunt & Shoot" Exercise - Done and Dusted

Items of local interest for those in Brisbane, the Gold Coast and the Sunshine Coast, plus those lost souls on the NSW North Coast.

Moderators: Greg B, Nnnnsic, Geoff, Glen, gstark, Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is. Please also check the portal page for more information on this.

Postby Geoff M on Sun Aug 13, 2006 9:10 am

I agree with all thats been said already, bloody great day. With the constraints of the maximum shutter count of 20 it certainly makes you think twice, before pressing the shutter release.

Thanks again Simon, Bernie and the assembled crowd. Particular mention to Mark for winning three of the 10 categories, outstanding effort.

Geoff
Geoff M

Postby Oneputt on Sun Aug 13, 2006 9:20 am

Well done guys it looks like a fabulous day. I wish that I could have been there.
"The good thing about meditation is that it makes doing nothing respectable"

D3 - http://www.oneputtphotographics.com
Oneputt

Postby mark on Sun Aug 13, 2006 9:30 am

Thanks Geoff. I was pretty suprised, certainly not something I would have ever expected. :shock:
mark

Postby SteveGriffin on Sun Aug 13, 2006 11:55 am

Great day out and good to put faces to a few more names. Thanks to Simon, Bernie & Trevor and all of the other participants for putting in the effort and to Birdy for generously providing some prizes.
Steve
-------------------------------------------------------
So many things to do - so little time.
SteveGriffin

Hunt & Shoot

Postby Zuvi on Sun Aug 13, 2006 8:54 pm

Hi All. Thankyou so much for the pleasure of joining your group yesterday, I had so much fun I've done as you suggested Rel and I've joined both groups. There were some really great photos there yesterday I only wish we had time to see them all. Thanks to Simon for organising and thanks to Bernie for the effort with the Laptop & Screen. It was also fantastic to meet such interesting, friendly and very welcoming people. Beats sitting on the couch anyday. Thanks again & I'll see you again. Thanks to Geoff for talking me into going along. Regards
Steph :D [/img]
Zuvi

Postby Manta on Sun Aug 13, 2006 9:38 pm

It was great to meet you Steph and we look forward to you joining us again. You and Geoff are part of the gang now. (That's a good thing...right?)

:D
Simon
D300 l MB-D10 l D70 l SB-800 l 70-200 VR l TC 17-E l 18-70 f3.5-4.5 l 70-300 f4-5.6 l 50 f1.4 l 90 Macro f2.8 l 12-24 f4
http://www.redbubble.com/people/manta
Manta
Former Outstanding Member Of The Year

Postby birddog114 on Mon Aug 14, 2006 7:11 am

Congrats all the winners.

Great to see the fun up there with the Queenslanders + lot of nice photos of the day and efforts made by Manta + Bernie and All the Participants.

Enjoy your little surprises, they are not big one, it's my pleasure to have a small contribution to the fun which you guy have had.

I'm hanging on for another one.
Birddog114
VNAF, My Beloved Country and Airspace
birddog114

Postby gstark on Mon Aug 14, 2006 9:15 am

birddog114 wrote:I'm hanging on for another one.

And it will be here before you know it. :)
g.
Gary Stark
Nikon, Canon, Bronica .... stuff
The people who want English to be the official language of the United States are uncomfortable with their leaders being fluent in it - US Pres. Bartlet
gstark
Site Admin

Postby CraigVTR on Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:38 am

Thanks to Simon & Bernie for organising the event, and again to Bernie for looking after my gear. Congratulations to Mark for his outstanding shots, you have a very good eye. To every other category winner well done, your shots deserve the recognition that has been given to them.

Birddog you always seem to be thinking of others, your generosity is endless and much apprieciated.

To everyone that came along I hope you all had as good a time and learnt as many things as I did. I am now looking forward to the next get together.

Regards
Craig
Craig
Lifes journey is not to arrive at our grave in a well preserved body but, rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting, "Wow what a ride."
D70s, D300, 70-300ED, 18-70 Kit Lens, Nikkor 105 Micro. Manfrotto 190Prob Ball head. SB800 x 2.
CraigVTR

Postby SteveB on Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:44 am

It looks like it was a fantastic day, it can be so hard to work under that pressure and still come up with great images.
I wish I could have made it but will have to make sure for the next one.

Regards
Steve B
SteveB

Postby terminaltackle on Mon Aug 14, 2006 6:34 pm

Damn Damn Damn, I wish I was there. Congratulations to all who made it and to the organisers. I am still kicking myself that I had to work, I know I will get over it with plenty of therapy and time. But until then I will just sulk in the corner and curse my job, damn damn damn damn damn.

Anyone got the name of a good therapist
Brett

:wink:
More fishing, more sport, more photo's Pentax 1stds
terminaltackle

Postby TonyH on Tue Aug 15, 2006 9:26 am

Well done guys some great images there... well themed. Sorry I was unable to participate, been laid up with the flu since thursday..... :(

Look forward to trying for the next one......?
All I know, is that I don't know enough.....
TonyH

Postby JordanP on Tue Aug 15, 2006 2:29 pm

Hi all,

I echo Onputt's comments

Oneputt wrote:Well done guys it looks like a fabulous day. I wish that I could have been there.

Looking forward to it being run again some time.

Cheers,
Craig
JordanP

Postby DionM on Wed Aug 16, 2006 12:45 pm

Looks great. Pity I had to work the weekend, else I would have been there with bells on!

Canon 20D and a bunch of lovely L glass and a 580EX. Benro tripod. Manfrotto monopod. Lowepro and Crumpler bags. And a pair of Sigma teleconverters, and some Kenko tubes.
http://www.dionm.net/
DionM

Postby Oneputt on Wed Aug 16, 2006 5:58 pm

Yes yes Dion we know :lol:
"The good thing about meditation is that it makes doing nothing respectable"

D3 - http://www.oneputtphotographics.com
Oneputt

Previous

Return to Brisbane/Gold Coast/SSC and NSW North Coast