Lets get organised...

Items of local interest for those in Brisbane, the Gold Coast and the Sunshine Coast, plus those lost souls on the NSW North Coast.

Moderators: Greg B, Nnnnsic, Geoff, Glen, gstark, Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is. Please also check the portal page for more information on this.

Lets get organised...

Postby xerubus on Wed Jan 12, 2005 10:10 am

Morning all,

It's time for us Queenslanders to show up the rest of the states :) Couple of things we need to get organised...

a) First Brisbane meet. A few ideas have been pushed around, such as meeting at the Breaky Creek Hotel, BBQ at Graham Bago's place...

b) Model shoot... Gerard, you still around?

So, let's get our minds together and figure out exactly what we are going to do.... Perhaps first up would be to discuss dates which people are available... once we have a few dates we can poll it to see what suits everyone... ?

comments... thoughts.... ?

cheers
http://www.markcrossphotography.com - A camera, glass, and some light.
xerubus

Postby bwhinnen on Wed Jan 12, 2005 12:59 pm

I'd be more inclined for a meeting at the Breaky Creek or the Norman for the first meet, that way there is no stress on any one person. Specially meeting someone like me for the first time ;) (although I've met Graham already)

Were you thinking of a night meet or a lunch meet? I'd prefer a lunch meet on a weekend personally but am flexible (be nice).

A bit nervous about a model shoot, as I've never done one before, but if there are experienced people/ photogs there that can give guidance it would be very interesting.

Cheers
Brett PS Comments above, thoughts; I work in IT the computer does my thinking :P
bwhinnen

Holidays

Postby the foto fanatic on Wed Jan 12, 2005 1:07 pm

Hi there
I'm keen to meet everyone (have already met Mark), but will be away in New Zealand from next week until 10 Feb.
Don't feel obliged to wait for my return. If you meet while I am away, I'll catch up next time.
I believe Graham has a bottle of champs (courtesy of birddog) for everyone to share at some stage (first meeting would be preferable though :) )- that may preclude meeting at a licenced venue on that occasion.
I'm going to a Brisbane Camera Group model shoot on Sunday, and I should see Gerard there.
the foto fanatic

Postby JordanP on Wed Jan 12, 2005 1:58 pm

Hi,

If you don't mind a Northern NSW import or two I'd love to be involved in all of the above. It's about 2.5hrs to get to Brisbane for me but that's no drama so long as we are getting together for more than a coffee.

Very keen to meet more people from the forum - and also the model shoot.

Thanks for kicking this off again xerubus.

Cheers,
Craig
JordanP

Postby birddog114 on Wed Jan 12, 2005 2:37 pm

We're waiting to see the Bris Gang on show soon!
Where can we order the ticket? Ticketek? :lol:
Canberra had one, same as Melbourne and another one is coming soon, Adelaide is next, still not hear anything from Perth.
Birddog114
VNAF, My Beloved Country and Airspace
birddog114

Postby leigh999 on Wed Jan 12, 2005 7:41 pm

I will also be at the BCG portrait shoot being organised by John Lomas with, I understand, great support from Gerard.

Rebecca
leigh999

Postby Gerard on Wed Jan 12, 2005 10:20 pm

Yes I am still here
I was hoping we could all meet up first at the brekkie creek or some other place first ...... had heard no more since the last post
Gerard

Postby bago100 on Thu Jan 13, 2005 8:38 pm

Yep - we have to have a meeting

Dargan is custodian on the Birdie Moet. He has been unusually silent of late? Have you sampled the Moet Dargan perhaps? :D

I can't make any meetings from 24 through to 30 January due to family committments. Also weekend of 22/23 January is out for me as well.

Could still do lunch barbeque at my place in Jindalee in February. There is a park down by the Brisbane River nearby where there are always people and boats and a river that might be good for photo taking. Also I'm not far off the tollway that would make it easy for our Northern NSW friends to join. Not so good though for Sunshine Coast residents - 45 min drive across Brisbane, but look on the positive side. There are lots of traffic light photo opportunities along the way.

OK Dargan - where is the Moet? :lol:

Cheers

Graham
bago100

Postby JordanP on Thu Jan 13, 2005 11:30 pm

I'll be up in Brisbane all next week for work - getting up there Sunday night. If anyone wants to catch up for lunch during the week or dinner one evening let me know. I'll specifically be in Toowong.

Otherwise Feb 27 is my first free Sunday.
Craig
JordanP

Postby Oneputt on Thu Jan 20, 2005 2:35 pm

Whilst I am have a fairly hectic schedule for the first three months of the year I would love to come along. It would not necessarily have to be on a weekend for me, as I generally drive to Brissie at least one day through the week and can be flexible.
Oneputt

Postby a.briggs on Fri Jan 28, 2005 9:52 pm

Would love to come, I am at Algester so not too far away. Weekends are pretty free but my son (3yr old) may be accompanying me if my better half is working.
a.briggs

Postby Dargan on Sun Jan 30, 2005 12:33 am

Hi All

I haven't drunk the champers ...yet. It is in my office in Brisbane. Sorry about the silence Bago but a long list of jobs while I am on leave has been a priority, and even then work has been sending me Express Post parcels. At this stage it will have to February for the meet as there isn't much left of January. There is another meet of the BCG group soon but I owe Xerebus a beer and I do have that bottle. Maybe the Normanby or Breakfast Creek would be suitably neutral for a meet but Graham if you want to host an event I will find Jindalee wherever it is? I would prefer an afternoon/evening in the week as I live on the Sunshine Coast and second week in Feb would be my preference as I don't get back to work until Feb 9th. Any other ideas from Brisbanites?
In the end we know Nothing, but in the meantime Learn like crazy.
Your Camera Does Matter Nikon D70 D200 D300
PPOK
Dargan

Postby huynhie on Mon Jan 31, 2005 3:49 pm

Ahhh the Breakfast Creek Hotel, nothing beats a steak and XXXX from a wooden Keg :D
huynhie

Postby Grev on Tue Feb 01, 2005 8:45 pm

I can come now as I just got my D70!

Give me details! :D
Grev

Postby Manta on Wed Feb 02, 2005 11:38 pm

I'd love to be there and meet the locals. Can't make this Sunday but any Saturday or Sunday after that is fine by me. Location not a problem (I'm at Alexandra Hills).

Simon.
Simon
D300 l MB-D10 l D70 l SB-800 l 70-200 VR l TC 17-E l 18-70 f3.5-4.5 l 70-300 f4-5.6 l 50 f1.4 l 90 Macro f2.8 l 12-24 f4
http://www.redbubble.com/people/manta
Manta
Former Outstanding Member Of The Year

Postby Grev on Thu Feb 03, 2005 7:51 pm

I'm in Sunnybank Hills, so whoever that was in Algester, I can meet you. :wink: :lol:
Grev

Postby xerubus on Thu Feb 03, 2005 7:53 pm

okay guys/girls... looks like we have plenty of interest... i'll put a new thread up shortly with a poll of dates.... let's choose a date and stick to it... otherwise we'll talk about it for the next year...

cheers
http://www.markcrossphotography.com - A camera, glass, and some light.
xerubus

Postby Oneputt on Fri Feb 04, 2005 8:11 am

I have just noticed that this thread has been updated so ignore the new thread that I started. :oops:

If dates fit I am in.
Oneputt

Return to Brisbane/Gold Coast/SSC and NSW North Coast