Hello new member here

Items of local interest for those in Brisbane, the Gold Coast and the Sunshine Coast, plus those lost souls on the NSW North Coast.

Moderators: Greg B, Nnnnsic, Geoff, Glen, gstark, Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is. Please also check the portal page for more information on this.

Hello new member here

Postby Bindii on Wed Sep 20, 2006 2:53 pm

Well hello everyone, I wasnt too sure on where to post this but I figured that since I live in Brisbane (Daisy Hill) here is as good a place as any. :D

I was fortunate enough to meet one of your members at the Mount Cootha Botanical Gardens on the weekend and he recommended that I drop in to this forum and have a look around - which I have done...lol I am not sure who the member was but i am hoping that he identifies himself so I am able to say thank you.

I suppose I should tell you all a little something about myself. I am 37....well very close to 38yrs old....lol...in a long term relationship with an adorable man and the mother of two kids (ages 18yrs and 11yrs). Secondly I am a photographer; weddings and portraiture is the main source of my income; I started out doing weddings for friends and well it sort of turned into a business from there...I am sure that many others have started out the same way. My business is still very new and while I have yet to advertise but I still manage to get enough bookings through word of mouth to keep me busy enough.

Wildlife photography is my passion but the cost of the equipment needed is a little above my means....yet it doesnt stop me from getting out there and having a go...well not yet anyway.

I shoot with a Canon 20D and Canon lenses and am hoping to upgrade to a 5D in the not to distant future....dreams are good right? :wink:

I am still attempting to navigate myself around this site as it operates differently to the other photography forum that I am familar with. As soon as I am able to figure out how to post some images and obtain an avatar I shall get them done. In the mean time please bear with me....

I am looking forward to getting to know you all...and learning...there is always learning to be done here too...I hope...*wink*
:D
Bindii

Postby Oscar on Wed Sep 20, 2006 3:00 pm

Welcome to the forum Bindii.

Hmmm a Bindii on Daisy Hill - I'm sure you'll cop a spray for that one! :) :)

Hope you enjoy your visits here as much as I do.

Cheers, Mick :) :) :)
Oscar

Postby Yi-P on Wed Sep 20, 2006 3:02 pm

Bindii

A warm welcome to our community here. :D

Im sure you will find this forum very helpful and productive. And thus in a month time you will become a qualified member and will have access into other areas of the forum.

Once again, welcome aboard :)

*one more 'C' shooter onboard* be careful... lol
j/k :P
Yi-P

Postby Aussie Dave on Wed Sep 20, 2006 3:09 pm

Welcome onboard Bindii !

You've come to the right place if you are looking for great info, friendly people and a wealth of knowledge to learn from (and share, I hope) :)

Enjoy....
Dave
Nikon D7000 | 18-105 VR Lens | Nikon 50 1.8G | Sigma 70-300 APO II Super Macro | Tokina 11-16 AT-X | Nikon SB-800 | Lowepro Mini Trekker AWII
Photography = Compromise
Aussie Dave

Postby Bindii on Wed Sep 20, 2006 3:11 pm

Wow guys...those replies sure came in fast!

Thanks for the welcomes I appreciate it...I have also managed to figure out how to upload photos in the critique section *wince* and am now working on the avatar thing..lol
Bindii

Postby Blackspear on Wed Sep 20, 2006 3:27 pm

Welcome aboard Bindii.

Cheers :D
Blackspear

Postby Glen on Wed Sep 20, 2006 4:23 pm

Welcome Bindi, hope you like it here :D
Glen

Postby Greg B on Wed Sep 20, 2006 4:38 pm

Welcome Bindii, that is the most information anyone has given about themselves right at the outset in a long time, maybe ever!! Mind you, if I was 38, I would mention it too.

Looking forward to seeing some of your shots, hope you enjoy your time at DSLRUsers.
Greg - - - - D200 etc

Talent hits a target no one else can hit; Genius hits a target no one else can see.
- Arthur Schopenhauer
Greg B

Postby Manta on Wed Sep 20, 2006 5:01 pm

Greg B wrote:Welcome Bindii, that is the most information anyone has given about themselves right at the outset in a long time, maybe ever!!

Greg, just because you don't want to talk about your long term relationship with an adorable man doesn't mean Bindii can't. :wink:

Welcome aboard Bindii - good to see another Brissy member on the list as well as another Canon shooter. I'm sure it won't take you long to figure out how things work around here and, if you don't, you only have to stick your hand in the air and ask the question.

Cheers,
Simon
D300 l MB-D10 l D70 l SB-800 l 70-200 VR l TC 17-E l 18-70 f3.5-4.5 l 70-300 f4-5.6 l 50 f1.4 l 90 Macro f2.8 l 12-24 f4
http://www.redbubble.com/people/manta
Manta
Former Outstanding Member Of The Year

Welcome aboard Bindii

Postby zafra52 on Wed Sep 20, 2006 8:01 pm

Welcome to the forum Bindii, It was me zafra52 who talked to you about my struggles with the lens I was using that afternoon and asked if you were a member of this forum. I did enjoy our little chat and I hope you took nice shots; some of mine were not so good. In fact, I went yesterday back to the shop and traded the confounded Canon 55-200 for a Sigma 70- 300mm POA. Anyway, I hope you find us all here friendly enough and decide to stay.
zafra52

Postby Colcam on Wed Sep 20, 2006 8:29 pm

G'day & welcome girl. I can call you girl as I am not as young as 38! :wink: Good to hear from new folk. Much to be learnt here and great place to impart what you have learned along the way too.
Let's see your stuff? (Photo's that is :oops: )

Best wishes
Col
Photography. The Art of Seeing, Not Just Looking
http://www.frozentime.com.au
Colcam

Postby mark on Wed Sep 20, 2006 9:08 pm

Hi Bindii
Welcome to the forum. Like everyone else says I'm sure you'll enjoy it around here.
Looking forward to your posts.
mark

Postby christiand on Wed Sep 20, 2006 10:04 pm

'ALLO, 'ALLO

welcome to the forum.

Regards,
CD
christiand

Re: Welcome aboard Bindii

Postby Bindii on Thu Sep 21, 2006 12:54 am

Greg B wrote:Welcome Bindii, that is the most information anyone has given about themselves right at the outset in a long time, maybe ever!! Mind you, if I was 38, I would mention it too.

Looking forward to seeing some of your shots, hope you enjoy your time at DSLRUsers.

Thank you to everyone once again, you have all been most welcoming and its looks like I will enjoy my time here....very much so..

and yup...I should learn to keep my mouth clamped a little tighter sometimes...still I figured that everyone would be curious...so why not..:)

zafra52 wrote:Welcome to the forum Bindii, It was me zafra52 who talked to you about my struggles with the lens I was using that afternoon and asked if you were a member of this forum. I did enjoy our little chat and I hope you took nice shots; some of mine were not so good. In fact, I went yesterday back to the shop and traded the confounded Canon 55-200 for a Sigma 70- 300mm POA. Anyway, I hope you find us all here friendly enough and decide to stay.

Hey there! Thanks for telling me about this site. Sorry to hear that you were not happy with your lens, hopefully the new one will be an improvement as i remember you were having problems with it.....and yes everyone seems very friendly here and I am sure that i will hang around for while..:)
Bindii

Postby CraigVTR on Thu Sep 21, 2006 10:44 am

Welcome Bindii.
Enjoy yourself at the forum and Iam sure you will get to meet most of us a mini meet in the future.
Craig
Craig
Lifes journey is not to arrive at our grave in a well preserved body but, rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting, "Wow what a ride."
D70s, D300, 70-300ED, 18-70 Kit Lens, Nikkor 105 Micro. Manfrotto 190Prob Ball head. SB800 x 2.
CraigVTR

Return to Brisbane/Gold Coast/SSC and NSW North Coast