Hello all!

Items of local interest for those in Brisbane, the Gold Coast and the Sunshine Coast, plus those lost souls on the NSW North Coast.

Moderators: Greg B, Nnnnsic, Geoff, Glen, gstark, Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is. Please also check the portal page for more information on this.

Hello all!

Postby Underload on Sat Nov 11, 2006 11:27 pm

Hey guys...you'd think that after 50ish posts that I would have introduced myself by now! :oops:

I recognise a few of your names from a couple of forums I lurk or participate on, but I guess I should tell you a little about myself.

I'm a uni student studying Law and Psychological Science (2nd and 3rs years respectively). For me, it's a hell of a workload, and keeps me pretty damn busy. I'm only 20 - so it keeps me out of trouble I spose :wink:

If I'm not at uni (almost done for the year :D ) there's a reasonable chance you'll find me working. I currently work for a bottlo - a job that I enjoy - and something that has given me a basic understanding of wine - which is pretty interesting stuff.

I live on the Northside of Brisbane - in the Caboolture Shire - *but* I have a secret!

To a degree, I must admit to being an imposter here. I don't own a dslr. (Though I hope this to change - depending largely on my wallet). While I do own a digital camera, and am uber proficient in turning it on and off - and pressing the shutter button (better word?)...

I wouldn't say that I have a mastery of this photography stuff - and I must admit to getting disappointed by some of the results. Though I am not sure if this is me, or what the camera limits me to. It's a strange feeling.

I really like your little community you guys have here - and I hope to pick your brains about many things photography related.

James.
Underload

Postby Manta on Sun Nov 12, 2006 12:04 am

Pick away James - that's what we're here for. Remember there're no such things as dumb questions, only dumb people. :wink:
Simon
D300 l MB-D10 l D70 l SB-800 l 70-200 VR l TC 17-E l 18-70 f3.5-4.5 l 70-300 f4-5.6 l 50 f1.4 l 90 Macro f2.8 l 12-24 f4
http://www.redbubble.com/people/manta
Manta
Former Outstanding Member Of The Year

Postby Geoff on Sun Nov 12, 2006 12:23 am

Welcome James, there are plenty of people around here that will be happy to answer your questions.. you've stumbled across one of the best forums on the internet - enjoy your stay and have a read through the FAQ to get you started :)
Geoff
Special Moments Photography
Nikon D700, 50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.4, 70-200 2.8VR, SB800 & some simple studio stuff.
Geoff

Postby Yi-P on Sun Nov 12, 2006 1:19 am

How can you not get the influence here for a dslr start on so long... you must have high resistivity against lust... :shock:
Yi-P

Return to Brisbane/Gold Coast/SSC and NSW North Coast