Gold Coast - late August

Items of local interest for those in Brisbane, the Gold Coast and the Sunshine Coast, plus those lost souls on the NSW North Coast.

Moderators: Greg B, Nnnnsic, Geoff, Glen, gstark, Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is. Please also check the portal page for more information on this.

Gold Coast - late August

Postby gstark on Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:10 am

I'm going to be on the Gold Coast for Microsoft's Tech-Ed conference from Tuesday 24th August through Friday 27th August. I'm thinking of perhaps extending my stay through Friday and Saturday nights; waiting on costings of that.

If that occurs, I'm wondering about the possibilities of having maybe a meet, or perhaps even a lighting workshop. I will have minimal gear with me and probably no wheels (we'll see), but I don't see either of those as major deterrents.

What are the thoughts of all y'all up north?
g.
Gary Stark
Nikon, Canon, Bronica .... stuff
The people who want English to be the official language of the United States are uncomfortable with their leaders being fluent in it - US Pres. Bartlet
gstark
Site Admin

Re: Gold Coast - late August

Postby gstark on Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:53 am

Despite the total absence of thought from those in the Brissie/Gold Coast area, I'm booking the Friday and Saturday nights to stay on the Gold Coast, so let's see if we can arrange some misdeeds or something.

Any takers?
g.
Gary Stark
The people who want English to be the official language of the United States are uncomfortable with their leaders being fluent in it - US Pres. Bartlet
gstark
Site Admin

Postby Manta on Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:21 pm

Hi Gary

Sorry for the sad response from us up here! I'm waiting on confirmation whether I may have to be in Cairns that weekend for work so will let you know when that comes through.

As to the others....c'mon guys and gals! :oops:
Simon
D300 l MB-D10 l D70 l SB-800 l 70-200 VR l TC 17-E l 18-70 f3.5-4.5 l 70-300 f4-5.6 l 50 f1.4 l 90 Macro f2.8 l 12-24 f4
http://www.redbubble.com/people/manta
Manta
Former Outstanding Member Of The Year

Postby CraigVTR on Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:30 pm

gstark wrote:Despite the total absence of thought from those in the Brissie/Gold Coast area, I'm booking the Friday and Saturday nights to stay on the Gold Coast, so let's see if we can arrange some misdeeds or something.

Any takers?

Gary
We tend not to think too much up here. :lol: I would certainly be in any misdeeds if you were going to be on the Sunshine Coast (the better of the two coasts) but not sure about the goldie. I will keep an eye on the thread and see if I can fit in a day around work.
Craig
Lifes journey is not to arrive at our grave in a well preserved body but, rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting, "Wow what a ride."
D70s, D300, 70-300ED, 18-70 Kit Lens, Nikkor 105 Micro. Manfrotto 190Prob Ball head. SB800 x 2.
CraigVTR

Postby gstark on Tue Jul 27, 2010 5:54 pm

Everything's locked in for me, and I've added this into the calendar.

Let's see if a few of us can get together ... even if just for a meal.
g.
Gary Stark
gstark
Site Admin

Postby Geoff M on Tue Jul 27, 2010 7:40 pm

I may be able to attend something over the Fri/Sat but can't confirm anything right now. I start a new job on the 22nd so not sure how this will work out with free time, I will of course let you know nearer the date. I am on the mountains behind the Goldie so just about 1/2 hour drive down to the coast.
Fuji X-Pro1 | X-E1 | X-T1 | XF14 | XF23 | XF27 | XF35 | XF56 | XF60 | XF10-24 | XF18-55 | XF55-200 | MCEX-11

http://gmarshall.zenfolio.com

http://xtographer.weebly.com
Geoff M

Postby CraigVTR on Wed Aug 18, 2010 4:55 pm

Gary
I was hoping to get down to the coast to meet you but my driver (son) is now going for 2 weeks holidays from this Friday, so guess who has to run the whole show while he is gone. The downside of owning a business.
Hope you enjoy the work and the extra couple of days. :D
Craig
Lifes journey is not to arrive at our grave in a well preserved body but, rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting, "Wow what a ride."
D70s, D300, 70-300ED, 18-70 Kit Lens, Nikkor 105 Micro. Manfrotto 190Prob Ball head. SB800 x 2.
CraigVTR

Postby Wink on Sat Aug 21, 2010 11:28 am

Hi Gary,

I'll be in Brisbane doing some car light painting on the Friday and Saturday night.
You're welcome to come along if you'd like.
You could probably teach me a few tricks too! :cheers:
Adam.
MY PHOTOS
Allows Image Editing
Wink

Postby gstark on Sun Aug 22, 2010 9:23 am

Adam,

Thanks, but I'm without wheels on this trip. If you want to do the light painting in Surfers Paradive .... (probably not a recommended Friday night activity) ...

Craig, understood.
g.
Gary Stark
gstark
Site Admin

Postby Bob G on Sun Aug 22, 2010 4:34 pm

I would like to have been in this Gary.

My son gets married next Saturday with the function into the evening afterwards and likely a Sunday hangover- so unfortunately unable to attend.

Next time for sure.
Bob
"Wake up and smell the pixels!"
Bob G

Return to Brisbane/Gold Coast/SSC and NSW North Coast