Numbers for the ZOO trip.........

Items of local interest for those in Brisbane, the Gold Coast and the Sunshine Coast, plus those lost souls on the NSW North Coast.

Moderators: Greg B, Nnnnsic, Geoff, Glen, gstark, Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is. Please also check the portal page for more information on this.

Numbers for the ZOO trip.........

Postby big pix on Tue Jun 14, 2005 8:44 pm

Would it be possible to get some idea who is coming to the ZOO on the 19th, just so we know who to wait for if you are running late...... don't want to miss any of the feeding....... I will be in the coffee shop

cheers
bp
Cheers ....bp....
Difference between a good street photographer and a great street photographer....
Removing objects that do not belong...
happy for the comments, but
.....Please DO NOT edit my image.....
http://bigpix.smugmug.com Forever changing
big pix

Postby gecko on Wed Jun 15, 2005 12:16 pm

Hi Big Pix

Mr & Mrs Gecko & little gecko will be there
what time?

Cheers
Gerard
gecko

Postby xerubus on Wed Jun 15, 2005 3:11 pm

i'll be there. leaving the two little X's at home this time so that I can get some good shots for once without the 'i'm hungry... i need to go to the toilet... " etc routine...... :lol:

... and btw... i have two eye pieces from a while ago for someone... manta and bago if i remember rightly... ?
http://www.markcrossphotography.com - A camera, glass, and some light.
xerubus

Postby Spooky on Wed Jun 15, 2005 7:32 pm

I will be there but Corinne will be in Melbourne.

9.30 was it?

Brett
Spooky

Postby lkgrainger on Wed Jun 15, 2005 7:54 pm

I will be there with D70 in toe.
lkgrainger

Postby Manta on Thu Jun 16, 2005 6:25 pm

lkgrainger wrote:I will be there with D70 in toe.

Geez - they really stuffed that surgery of yours Leigh! Your doctor isn't currently overseas enjoying an Oregon curry by any chance? :wink:

I'm dissapointed to say my presence there is looking very doubtful at this stage. It's a long story but the combination of distance and time has meant I'll probably have to opt for a local Brisbane Camera Group acitivity on Sunday arvo that up until recently I didn't realise was on the same date. Be great if I could do the zoo in the morning then back for the BCG thing but it starts at 12.00 and I've been really good over the last few years with not getting speeding tickets. :)

Sorry for the late notice. I know you're all going to have a great day and I'm itching to see the fruits of your photographic labour. In particular, I'm keen to see how, after Binna Burra, Leigh handles walking on flat terrain - I don't reckon he can do it so someone will need to provide me with evidence. :wink: :) And I'll miss not having him behind me to pick up my knob when it falls off. :shock:
(The knob on my tripod that is!)

Mark - can I prevail upon you to hang on to the eyepiece for me and I'll arrange a pick-up sometime soon?

I'm now down to scoring 2 out of 3 for these outings but I plan on upping my average at the next event. I'll put my thinking cap on to come up with an idea or two.

Have fun everyone.
Last edited by Manta on Thu Jun 16, 2005 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Simon
D300 l MB-D10 l D70 l SB-800 l 70-200 VR l TC 17-E l 18-70 f3.5-4.5 l 70-300 f4-5.6 l 50 f1.4 l 90 Macro f2.8 l 12-24 f4
http://www.redbubble.com/people/manta
Manta
Former Outstanding Member Of The Year

Postby lkgrainger on Thu Jun 16, 2005 7:10 pm

Well the knee was opperated on 4 weeks ago and its a long stiff road, but I am getting around fine enough to get in a couple of pics. I will push on at a decient pace so dont wait for me. I did seaworld two weeks ago with my little sister who came up from Melb for a visit ( I took some indoor pics at shark bay talk about awsome). I didn't do to bad then so I think this weekend should be fine.
I still think about the knob incident and have a bit of a chuckle to myself. :lol:
lkgrainger

Postby big pix on Fri Jun 17, 2005 12:19 am

looks like a good roll up, what do you all think for the time, as some have a bit of travelling to do, so say 9:15 - 9:30 ish. I will still be in the coffee shop if there is one near the entrance, you cannot miss me as I will have a large D70 sign so we can do a group shot.
Wondering if the Northern NSW members are coming up for a day out.

cheers
bp
Cheers ....bp....
Difference between a good street photographer and a great street photographer....
Removing objects that do not belong...
happy for the comments, but
.....Please DO NOT edit my image.....
http://bigpix.smugmug.com Forever changing
big pix

Numbers fo the trip

Postby Byron on Fri Jun 17, 2005 9:45 am

Hello

Unfortunately I'm bailing, just back from o/s travels, feeling like I've been jinxed: initial flight was cancelled, arrived at my destination a day late, my travelling companion was left behind in transit (Singapore) as travel agent stuffed up on visa information - people with Dutch passports can not enter Bali unless they have a visa issued before leaving Oz. Holiday was fabulous. On my return to Oz the airline lost my luggage (now found & returned) then Brisbane - Robina train experienced power failure resulting in a 5 hour trip on an empty stomach & no sleep. Finally home to my abode to find I'd been locked out for 2 hours. The holiday part was awesome.

So as much as I would love to join you'll I'm staying at home this weekend, stopping in, interstate visitors arriving with short notice can entertain me.

Looking forward to seeing some shots.

Tamara
Byron

Postby JordanP on Fri Jun 17, 2005 10:58 am

I'm also a no go this time. Sorry. Would love to come but I had a clash on the calendar. Looking forward to the pics - as Byron is, and also looking forward to the next meet I can actually make.

Cheers,
Craig
JordanP

Postby boxerboy on Sat Jun 18, 2005 10:04 am

Sorry I can't make it either. Got four tickets to see my beloved Cats beat the Brisbane Lions. Have fun, look forward to seeing your shots. Crikey!

Cheers
Peter
my karma just ran over your dogma
boxerboy

Postby xerubus on Sat Jun 18, 2005 8:25 pm

It is set to rain all day tomorrow... I will be keeping my eye on the rain as to whether I end up there. I'm only 20 minutes away and will make up my mind in the morning.

cheers
xerubus

Postby lkgrainger on Sun Jun 19, 2005 9:52 am

Hi guys, cars broke wont be able to make it. Better luck next time, have fun.
lkgrainger

zoo

Postby bobrob on Sun Jun 19, 2005 10:15 am

sorry - cannot make it - previous commitment

bobrob
bobrob

Postby the foto fanatic on Sun Jun 19, 2005 4:49 pm

boxerboy wrote:Sorry I can't make it either. Got four tickets to see my beloved Cats beat the Brisbane Lions. Have fun, look forward to seeing your shots. Crikey!

Cheers
Peter

Bad luck Pete! A wet drive up from Jimboomba, sitting in the rain - to see Geelong beaten by 70 points. :lol:
TFF (Trevor)
My History Blog: Your Brisbane: Past & Present
My Photo Blog: The Foto Fanatic
Nikon stuff!
the foto fanatic

Postby xerubus on Sun Jun 19, 2005 4:51 pm

cricketfan wrote:
boxerboy wrote:Sorry I can't make it either. Got four tickets to see my beloved Cats beat the Brisbane Lions. Have fun, look forward to seeing your shots. Crikey!

Cheers
Peter

Bad luck Pete! A wet drive up from Jimboomba, sitting in the rain - to see Geelong beaten by 70 points. :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

seems the little kittens have a lot to learn from the roaring lions!!! :)
xerubus

Postby Oneputt on Sun Jun 19, 2005 5:06 pm

Geelong were definately pussy cats :lol:
Oneputt

Postby boxerboy on Sun Jun 19, 2005 7:41 pm

Well thanks for your thoughts, yes it rained all day, yes we had seats in the open, yes we got soaked, yes the Cats had a less than glorious day. :cry:

Cricketfan: Trevor, the margin was actually only 69 points .. so there :roll:

Xerebus: Mark, it's nice to see the Lions fans back out of the closet :?

Oneputt: John, since I don't know your allegiances I can only concur :oops: :oops:

Not a very pleasant day for Dad and number one son, Mum and number two are still rubbing it in. :evil:

Should've gone to Australia Zoo!

cheers
Peter
my karma just ran over your dogma
boxerboy

Postby Manta on Sun Jun 19, 2005 7:45 pm

Wandering around the city trying to get shots on various themes was also fraught with difficulty and frustration today at the Brisbane Camera Group "Hunt & Shoot" Event.

The rain was definitely a pain, as was the sole of my shoe that decided to depart the formation fairly early in the day. :evil:

I hope you zoo troops managed to make a nice day of it.
Simon
D300 l MB-D10 l D70 l SB-800 l 70-200 VR l TC 17-E l 18-70 f3.5-4.5 l 70-300 f4-5.6 l 50 f1.4 l 90 Macro f2.8 l 12-24 f4
http://www.redbubble.com/people/manta
Manta
Former Outstanding Member Of The Year

Postby xerubus on Sun Jun 19, 2005 7:53 pm

Manta wrote:Wandering around the city trying to get shots on various themes was also fraught with difficulty and frustration today at the Brisbane Camera Group "Hunt & Shoot" Event.

The rain was definitely a pain, as was the sole of my shoe that decided to depart the formation fairly early in the day. :evil:

I hope you zoo troops managed to make a nice day of it.

sounds like a terrible day! :?

i piked on the zoo trip due to the moisture around... spent the day invoicing and catching up on tax stuff before end of financial... yuk....

cheers
xerubus

Postby Oneputt on Sun Jun 19, 2005 8:07 pm

Peter I am a Lions fan through and through :D
Oneputt

Return to Brisbane/Gold Coast/SSC and NSW North Coast