Did anyone get to see the State of Origin result?

Items of local interest for those in Brisbane, the Gold Coast and the Sunshine Coast, plus those lost souls on the NSW North Coast.

Moderators: Greg B, Nnnnsic, Geoff, Glen, gstark, Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is. Please also check the portal page for more information on this.

Did anyone get to see the State of Origin result?

Postby Glen on Thu Jul 07, 2005 1:59 am

Just wondered if any of our Queensland members could let me know the result of the game last night and result of the series? :wink:
http://wolfeyes.com.au Tactical Torches - Tactical Flashlights Police torch rechargeable torch military torch police military HID surefire flashlight LED torch tactical torch rechargeable wolf eyes flashlight surefire torch wolf eyes tactical torchpolice torch
Thank You
Glen

Postby PiroStitch on Thu Jul 07, 2005 2:08 am

Glen that's just evil :P
PiroStitch

Postby Nnnnsic on Thu Jul 07, 2005 3:27 am

*blows his make-believe whistle*

I'm not actually expecting anything to happen as a result of blowing this make-believe whistle, I just wanted to blow it.
Producer & Editor @ GadgetGuy.com.au
Contributor for fine magazines such as PC Authority and Popular Science.
Nnnnsic
I'm a jazz singer... so I know what I'm doing

Postby stubbsy on Thu Jul 07, 2005 11:38 am

What game was on last night. I spent the night watching some quality TV. Must have missed the excitement :lol:
Peter
Disclaimer: I know nothing about anything.
*** smugmug galleries: http://www.stubbsy.smugmug.com ***
stubbsy

Postby Glen on Thu Jul 07, 2005 11:43 am

Stubbsy, you programmers don't have to wear the baseball hats with the propellor on top do you, it's actually your choice isn't it?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

edit: forgot smileys
http://wolfeyes.com.au Tactical Torches - Tactical Flashlights Police torch rechargeable torch military torch police military HID surefire flashlight LED torch tactical torch rechargeable wolf eyes flashlight surefire torch wolf eyes tactical torchpolice torch
Thank You
Glen

Postby ozczecho on Thu Jul 07, 2005 12:07 pm

Decisive moment would have been capturing the look of the crowd...say at the 60th minute.... :D
ozczecho

Postby stubbsy on Thu Jul 07, 2005 1:45 pm

Glen wrote:Stubbsy, you programmers don't have to wear the baseball hats with the propellor on top do you, it's actually your choice isn't it?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

edit: forgot smileys

Geln didn't need smileys - I smiled :twisted:
Peter
stubbsy

Postby Glen on Thu Jul 07, 2005 2:00 pm

Now I will have to get you to tell me where to find quality TV? Is it a Newcastle station (doubt it, I am sure they had Newcastle's favourite son on doing his stuff in Bris) or Foxtel. I have Optus & free to air and many nights there is nothing worth watching at all. As I tell my wife, I haven't seen a decent show since they took Blokesworld and Miss Fitness Universe off TV.
Thank You
Glen

Postby Paul on Thu Jul 07, 2005 2:32 pm

Glen,
Tune into ABC on Monday nights at 7:30pm for MythBusters - great show! :D
Agree with you about the quality of programmes these days, almost like being in the US of A most nights.
Nikon F80D, FM2n
RRS BH-55, 055XPROB
Smugmug
Paul

Postby Glen on Thu Jul 07, 2005 2:33 pm

Paul, will give it a try
Thank You
Glen

Postby gstark on Thu Jul 07, 2005 2:37 pm

Paul wrote:Glen,
Tune into ABC on Monday nights at 7:30pm for MythBusters - great show!

Actually, try SBS for Mythbusters.
g.
Gary Stark
Nikon, Canon, Bronica .... stuff
The people who want English to be the official language of the United States are uncomfortable with their leaders being fluent in it - US Pres. Bartlet
gstark
Site Admin

Postby PiroStitch on Thu Jul 07, 2005 2:38 pm

I wish they'd get rid of the BB trash and bring back hours of mindless fun that is The Simpsons :mrgreen:
PiroStitch

Postby Paul on Thu Jul 07, 2005 2:57 pm

gstark wrote:
Paul wrote:Glen,
Tune into ABC on Monday nights at 7:30pm for MythBusters - great show!

Actually, try SBS for Mythbusters.

I stand corrected!:oops: thanks gary :D
Nikon F80D, FM2n
RRS BH-55, 055XPROB
Smugmug
Paul

Postby gstark on Thu Jul 07, 2005 3:41 pm

PiroStitch wrote:I wish they'd get rid of the BB trash and bring back hours of mindless fun that is The Simpsons :mrgreen:

BB ??

Trash ??

Oh that it were even that good!

I do have West Wing Season 5 now though ... :)
g.
Gary Stark
The people who want English to be the official language of the United States are uncomfortable with their leaders being fluent in it - US Pres. Bartlet
gstark
Site Admin

Postby Greg B on Thu Jul 07, 2005 3:50 pm

Mythbusters is gold. Buster was completely destroyed in the ancient chinese rocket chair myth on Monday, it was fantastic.

The head in the ceiling fan myth was good too, nice use of the pig's spine for extra authenticity.

RIP Buster.
Greg - - - - D200 etc

Talent hits a target no one else can hit; Genius hits a target no one else can see.
- Arthur Schopenhauer
Greg B

Postby Geoff on Thu Jul 07, 2005 3:53 pm

Speaking of myth busters, I quite enjoy the new version of beyond 2000, now titled beyond tomorrow...:)
Geoff
Special Moments Photography
Nikon D700, 50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.4, 70-200 2.8VR, SB800 & some simple studio stuff.
Geoff

Postby stubbsy on Thu Jul 07, 2005 5:26 pm

Glen wrote:Now I will have to get you to tell me where to find quality TV? Is it a Newcastle station (doubt it, I am sure they had Newcastle's favourite son on doing his stuff in Bris) or Foxtel. I have Optus & free to air and many nights there is nothing worth watching at all. As I tell my wife, I haven't seen a decent show since they took Blokesworld and Miss Fitness Universe off TV.

Quality TV comes off my Topfield STB - which = the pickings of the weeks viewing from free to air (only watch TV about twice a week - that way I don't have to deal with all the dross :wink: ) Plus using the toppie I get through the add breaks instantly at the press of a button. Makes for a very pleasant viewing experience. So far as S of O the local station (NBN - a nine affiliate) was screening it. For quality - I wouldn't miss an ep of MythBusters (in fact I have them all on DVD), then there's Taggart , Catalyst, The Movie Show and The Blues on ABC, Frasier (best of commercial TV) and then assorted Law & Order and CSI to tide me over!
Peter
stubbsy

Postby gstark on Thu Jul 07, 2005 5:34 pm

stubbsy wrote:For quality - I wouldn't miss an ep of MythBusters (in fact I have them all on DVD), then there's Taggart , Catalyst, The Movie Show and The Blues on ABC

And there you were, just a few weeks back, telling us you didn't like jazz. :)

Frasier (best of commercial TV) and then assorted Law & Order and CSI to tide me over!

House is worth a look too. Interestingly, 10 are replaying last night's episode tonight for those who chose to watch SoO.

And of course ....

IRON CHEF!
g.
Gary Stark
gstark
Site Admin

Return to Brisbane/Gold Coast/SSC and NSW North Coast