FYI: Eureka prize for science photography

Let's generate some ideas for places to meet and things to shoot.

Moderators: Greg B, Nnnnsic, Geoff, Glen, gstark, Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is. Please also check the portal page for more information on this.

FYI: Eureka prize for science photography

Postby Mr Darcy on Fri Apr 18, 2008 11:43 am

Entries are now open for the New Scientist Eureka Prize for Science Photography.

Professional or amateur photographer, scientist or non-scientist - it doesn't matter! To enter, simply capture in a single photograph what science means to you.

Sponsored by New Scientist, the Eureka Prize for Science Photography challenges people to think about science, and is awarded to an Australian over the age of 17 for a photograph taken in the past 2 years that most effectively communicates an aspect of science.

First, second and third prize winners will win a share of $10,000!

For further information on this prize, judging criteria, conditions of entry, and how to enter, click here http://www.australianmuseum.net.au/eureka/index.cfm?objectid=79FB0FDE-0501-6D59-21D9379D3C99AC0D. Entries close 2nd May 2008.

EDIT: Link corrected. They must have changed the location.
Last edited by Mr Darcy on Sat Apr 19, 2008 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Greg
It's easy to be good... when there is nothing else to do
Mr Darcy

Re: FYI: Eureka prize for science photography

Postby Bugeyes on Fri Apr 18, 2008 4:22 pm

I had a little trouble with that link, try this one... http://www.amonline.net.au/eureka/go/eu ... hotography
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I have my doubts about the former.

....Albert Einstein
Bugeyes

Return to Shooting and meeting ideas