Sunsets

Let's generate some ideas for places to meet and things to shoot.

Moderators: Greg B, Nnnnsic, Geoff, Glen, gstark, Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is. Please also check the portal page for more information on this.

Sunsets

Postby gstark on Sat Aug 07, 2004 11:53 am

Are, of course, done to death.

But in Sydney, which lies on the eastern seaboard, it's somewhat challenging to shoot a sunset accross the water, facing the west, where there's only land.

Or is it?

There's a couple of places in the harbour from where you can get a water view towards the west. Watsons Bay is one such place, but filled with tourists and local yuppies. And the food at Doyles is hightly overrated in my humble opinion.

Yes, you can look west acrioss the water from Cockle Bay, but what do you see? Darling bloody Harbour shopping arcade! Yech!

Mrs Macquarie's Chair offers watery sunset potential ...

How about a sunset ferry ride to Manly?

Where else can you think of ?
g.
Gary Stark
Nikon, Canon, Bronica .... stuff
The people who want English to be the official language of the United States are uncomfortable with their leaders being fluent in it - US Pres. Bartlet
gstark
Site Admin

Postby Onyx on Sat Aug 07, 2004 6:45 pm

North Head - the ex-navy/army thing-a-majig. Short walk out to the viewing platform, sunset overlooking across the city and harbour
Onyx

Mrs Maq's Chair

Postby Geoff on Sat Aug 07, 2004 9:12 pm

I was here this afternoon attempting to take some nice shots..out of about 60 I think I took 3-4 half decent ones..still on a massive learning curve..looking forward to learning from all of you people at a 'meet'! :)
Geoff

sunsets

Postby Vicareyus on Fri Aug 13, 2004 5:21 pm

Hi all,
great site. Congratulations to the creator for inspiration and motivation.

There are two interesting sunset photos taken just under the bridge around Sebel on pier one and watersedge restaurant. Ive uploaded a few photos onto smugmug last night (just learned how, but my advice is upload as a small jpg not a large one as it took ages for each photo).

Anyway:

http://vicareyus.smugmug.com/gallery/190131/1/7229232

Look forward to further discussions and also getting together.

Vic
Vicareyus

Return to Shooting and meeting ideas