Nikon D4s low light AutoFocus much faster/accurate than D3s?

Had a play with something interesting? Got something that we all covet? Found a real lemon? Write a few lines about it, and share your experiences.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is.

Nikon D4s low light AutoFocus much faster/accurate than D3s?

Postby haring on Sat Sep 06, 2014 2:22 pm

I am just wondering whether there is anybody here who has/had both the Nikon D3s and D4s.

I would like to find out whether it was worth upgrading from the D3s to D4s. Does the D4s have a better, more accurate AF? Any aspects you like?

I am a wedding photographer and would like to have somebody's advice/experience who is also a wedding photographer.
haring

Re: Nikon D4s low light AutoFocus much faster/accurate than

Postby Sylvia on Sat Sep 06, 2014 9:05 pm

The biggest difference is the colour saturation and depth of contrast. Thats about it. It is noticeable once you have an eye for them. Side by side you can see the difference.

If I was doing weddings, and I've done a few, I'd use the 800E or 810 when the bugs are sorted.. Its just the best ever and for weddings you don't need a stupid frame rate. :-)

Anyway thats my 5cents.

cheers
Nikons.
Nikkor's.
Sylvia

Re: Nikon D4s low light AutoFocus much faster/accurate than

Postby sanage on Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:53 pm

I am wondering whether the AF in the D810 is as fast and accurate in low light as the AF in the D4s?
sanage

Return to Equipment Reviews