Flashpoint Zoom TTL R2 flash / strobe personal experience -

Had a play with something interesting? Got something that we all covet? Found a real lemon? Write a few lines about it, and share your experiences.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is.

Flashpoint Zoom TTL R2 flash / strobe personal experience -

Postby haring on Fri Oct 07, 2016 7:32 am

Is there anybody who uses the Flashpoint Zoom TTL R2 for Canon or Nikon cameras?
How is its recycle time? Does the radio work properly?
Hod does it work? Any experience? I would like to use it for wedding photography.
Thanks for you input!
haring

Re: Flashpoint Zoom TTL R2 flash / strobe personal experienc

Postby Aussie Dave on Sun Oct 09, 2016 4:53 pm

I don't have the V860 but I have read very good things about it and am thinking on possibly adding one to my kit at some point in the future.
I do have both the Godox AD360-II N and the TT600 speed light which I use with the X1-N trigger (which is the same as the R2 trigger for Flashpoint - as Godox are the OEM and just rebadge these for the likes of Flashpoint, Bolt etc).

Works great for me and the X1/R2 trigger is nice to use, easy to read and hasn't skipped a beat thus far. TTL and HSS work nicely as well (though I predominantly use mine in manual).
I also have the X1 receiver so I can wirelessly trigger my ageing Nikon SB800 flash (or any other flash I care to use)
I like the idea of the swap-able lithium battery of the V860 and the 1.5 second recycle time from full power and up to 650 full power flashes sounds pretty good. Certainly far better than what you'll ever see from AA rechargeable batteries....and for $50 USD you can pickup a second lithium battery that should easily see you through the day.

Dave
Dave
Nikon D7000 | 18-105 VR Lens | Nikon 50 1.8G | Sigma 70-300 APO II Super Macro | Tokina 11-16 AT-X | Nikon SB-800 | Lowepro Mini Trekker AWII
Photography = Compromise
Aussie Dave

Re: Flashpoint Zoom TTL R2 flash / strobe personal experienc

Postby haring on Sun Oct 30, 2016 6:50 am

Thanks so much!
haring

Return to Equipment Reviews