Some Nudes - NSFW

Got a thin skin? Then look elsewhere. Post a link to an image that you've made, and invite others to offer their critiques. Honesty is encouraged, but please be positive in your constructive criticism. Flaming and just plain nastiness will not be tolerated. Please note that this is not an area for you to showcase your images, nor is this a place for you to show-off where you have been. This is an area for you to post images so that you may share with us a technique that you have mastered, or are trying to master. Typically, no more than about four images should be posted in any one post or thread, and the maximum size of any side of any image should not exceed 950 px.

Moderators: Greg B, Nnnnsic, Geoff, Glen, gstark, Moderators

Forum rules
Please note that image critiquing is a matter of give and take: if you post images for critique, and you then expect to receive criticism, then it is also reasonable, fair and appropriate that, in return, you post your critique of the images of other members here as a matter of courtesy. So please do offer your critique of the images of others; your opinion is important, and will help everyone here enjoy their visit to far greater extent.

Also please note that, unless you state something to the contrary, other members might attempt to repost your image with their own post processing applied. We see this as an acceptable form of critique, but should you prefer that others not modify your work, this is perfectly ok, and you should state this, either within your post, or within your signature.

Images posted here should conform with the general forum guidelines. Image sizes should not exceed 950 pixels along the largest side (height or width) and typically no more than four images per post or thread.

Please also ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is.

Some Nudes - NSFW

Postby Nick C on Tue Apr 08, 2008 12:37 pm

Just sharing the stuff I shot over the weekend. Enjoy!

Nick C

Re: Some Nudes - NSFW

Postby Glen on Tue Apr 08, 2008 1:05 pm

Hi Nick, I like the first a lot with its leading lines etc and for me want to like the second more than I do. I like it and may suit the model for a slightly anonymous look, but I am left wanting to see just a little more of her. Maybe that is a good thing? Looks like your shoot was worthwhile
http://wolfeyes.com.au Tactical Torches - Tactical Flashlights Police torch rechargeable torch military torch police military HID surefire flashlight LED torch tactical torch rechargeable wolf eyes flashlight surefire torch wolf eyes tactical torchpolice torch
Thank You
Glen

Postby Nick C on Tue Apr 08, 2008 10:46 pm

Glen wrote:Hi Nick, I like the first a lot with its leading lines etc and for me want to like the second more than I do. I like it and may suit the model for a slightly anonymous look, but I am left wanting to see just a little more of her. Maybe that is a good thing? Looks like your shoot was worthwhile

Thanks for dropping by. I will post more of the shots when I have the time this weekend. :mrgreen:
Nick C

Postby Big Red on Tue Apr 08, 2008 11:24 pm

i think the first one would look better with more harbour view to the right.
by the way ... niiiice bod :mrgreen:

also like your idea of the bright background in #2 8)
Big Red

Postby surenj on Wed Apr 09, 2008 12:42 am

Like two better for the idea and the lighting... Agree that more of the water might be better in one...
surenj

Postby gstark on Wed Apr 09, 2008 8:51 am

I think you've gone a bit too far in the high key department in the second shot. There are way too many blown highlights here; I'd like to be able to see her arms etc, which have been blown in the current version.

Also .... the background ... all those dots .... I think you should clone out the one that is at the apex of where her legs meet just below her backside: that one is both distracting and off-putting. It almost looks like a cling-on. :)
g.
Gary Stark
Nikon, Canon, Bronica .... stuff
The people who want English to be the official language of the United States are uncomfortable with their leaders being fluent in it - US Pres. Bartlet
gstark
Site Admin

Postby Nick C on Wed Apr 09, 2008 4:54 pm

gstark wrote:I think you've gone a bit too far in the high key department in the second shot. There are way too many blown highlights here; I'd like to be able to see her arms etc, which have been blown in the current version.

Also .... the background ... all those dots .... I think you should clone out the one that is at the apex of where her legs meet just below her backside: that one is both distracting and off-putting. It almost looks like a cling-on. :)

I personally like it overblown this way. My clients prefer it being done this way too :P
Nick C

Postby Nick C on Wed Apr 09, 2008 4:56 pm

Big Red wrote:i think the first one would look better with more harbour view to the right.
by the way ... niiiice bod :mrgreen:

also like your idea of the bright background in #2 8)

surenj wrote:Like two better for the idea and the lighting... Agree that more of the water might be better in one...

I have also considered showing more of the harbour but that defeats the purpose of the having the leading lines.
Nick C

Postby timno1 on Wed Apr 09, 2008 5:11 pm

Hey Nick,did you use a filter on that first shot?.It looks like a polarizer after seeing the rich colour of the sky.
timno1

Postby Nick C on Wed Apr 09, 2008 5:20 pm

timno1 wrote:Hey Nick,did you use a filter on that first shot?.It looks like a polarizer after seeing the rich colour of the sky.

Nope. Straight from the camera.
Nick C

Postby gstark on Wed Apr 09, 2008 5:44 pm

Nick C wrote:
gstark wrote:I think you've gone a bit too far in the high key department in the second shot. There are way too many blown highlights here; I'd like to be able to see her arms etc, which have been blown in the current version.

I personally like it overblown this way. My clients prefer it being done this way too :P

If your clients like it, that's important, but did you show them an alternative that was not blown?

I note though that you've removed the offending dot.
g.
Gary Stark
Nikon, Canon, Bronica .... stuff
The people who want English to be the official language of the United States are uncomfortable with their leaders being fluent in it - US Pres. Bartlet
gstark
Site Admin

Postby cawdor on Wed Apr 09, 2008 8:02 pm

I am torn between 1 and 2 - I like the pose in #2 but the highlights don't do much for me. Like the colours in #1 but the model is too far away.
Btw she's got a killer body, all the right curves :up:
Tim
D300 | D200 | F90x | 70-200 f2.8 VR | Tamron 90 f2.8 Macro | Tokina 12-24 f4 | Sigma 18-50 f2.8 Macro | Nikon SB-800
cawdor

Postby Shorty on Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:15 pm

I find the background in the first shot distracting and it pulls my eyes away from the woman. I'd be tempted to crop out the buildings in the background and see how it looks from there.

I also find the handrail distracting - if you can remove those 2 objects I think it will make the woman "pop" even more....

With the 2nd shot, I think that is a very erotic pose with her on the tips of her toes, but that wall and all the holes in it are distracting and I'd love to see the same shot against a white wall without all the holes...

In saying all of that, I do think they are great shots!! :D

Shorty
dviv wrote:
You could coat a piece of excrement in white plastic, call it the iCrap and people would buy it.
Shorty

Postby Nick C on Mon Aug 25, 2008 5:45 pm

Been busy for the last couple of weeks. Here's what I shot during that period.
Nick C

Postby Oz_Beachside on Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:26 pm

im confused, the first images I have seen before, long ago... but you said you shot them last weekend?
Oz_Beachside

Postby sirhc55 on Mon Aug 25, 2008 9:14 pm

Oz_Beachside wrote:im confused, the first images I have seen before, long ago... but you said you shot them last weekend?

Oz - put the red down :) These are additional images to the orginal post :wink:
Chris
--------------------------------
I started my life with nothing and I’ve still got most of it left
sirhc55
Key Member

Postby Oz_Beachside on Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:25 pm

sirhc55 wrote:
Oz_Beachside wrote:im confused, the first images I have seen before, long ago... but you said you shot them last weekend?

Oz - put the red down :) These are additional images to the orginal post :wink:

oh, appologies, I read august in place of april, sorry. :oops:
Oz_Beachside

Postby rampotta on Sun Aug 31, 2008 6:27 pm

wow... beautiful...
rampotta

Return to Image Reviews and Critiques