Some photos of NZ

Got a thin skin? Then look elsewhere. Post a link to an image that you've made, and invite others to offer their critiques. Honesty is encouraged, but please be positive in your constructive criticism. Flaming and just plain nastiness will not be tolerated. Please note that this is not an area for you to showcase your images, nor is this a place for you to show-off where you have been. This is an area for you to post images so that you may share with us a technique that you have mastered, or are trying to master. Typically, no more than about four images should be posted in any one post or thread, and the maximum size of any side of any image should not exceed 950 px.

Moderators: Greg B, Nnnnsic, Geoff, Glen, gstark, Moderators

Forum rules
Please note that image critiquing is a matter of give and take: if you post images for critique, and you then expect to receive criticism, then it is also reasonable, fair and appropriate that, in return, you post your critique of the images of other members here as a matter of courtesy. So please do offer your critique of the images of others; your opinion is important, and will help everyone here enjoy their visit to far greater extent.

Also please note that, unless you state something to the contrary, other members might attempt to repost your image with their own post processing applied. We see this as an acceptable form of critique, but should you prefer that others not modify your work, this is perfectly ok, and you should state this, either within your post, or within your signature.

Images posted here should conform with the general forum guidelines. Image sizes should not exceed 950 pixels along the largest side (height or width) and typically no more than four images per post or thread.

Please also ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is.

Some photos of NZ

Postby Kris on Wed Oct 13, 2004 9:08 pm

Hi Guys, these were the first images (or some of) that I took of myself and Amy in New Zealand 2 weeks ago.. Gawd I miss the place :( So pretty..

All were taken using automatic settings as I had no clue (and still dont)

The images looked quite nice in high res, but the resize (using a dodgy tool, still waiting for Photoshop 7) has made them quite grainy..

What do you think?

http://allkris.com/Albums/nz

Cheers
Kris
Kris

Postby phillipb on Wed Oct 13, 2004 9:22 pm

Kris, the link doesn't work.
phillipb

Postby Kris on Wed Oct 13, 2004 9:29 pm

It does for me :(

try kris.dingo.net.au/Albums/nz

allkris.com is just a pointer.. that times out alot it would seem
Kris

Postby phillipb on Wed Oct 13, 2004 9:52 pm

Yep, that worked.
Nice photos, NZ seems to be a very photogenic place, I'm thinking of going there for my next holidays if it's not too difficult for disabled people to get to some of these sights.
After you have taken some photos on "P", try taking the exact same shot on A using different apertures, you'll be amazed by the different results you can get. Best way to learn.
phillipb

Postby Kris on Wed Oct 13, 2004 9:54 pm

All those where mainly Auto or Portrait mode..

NZ is a great place, go.. everywhere is disabled friendly so dont worry about that :)

Ive only recently found out about the A mode, so im going to test that this weekend :)
Kris

Postby Glen on Wed Oct 13, 2004 9:59 pm

Nice shots Kris
Glen

Postby Kris on Wed Oct 13, 2004 10:14 pm

Thanks Glen... I was thinking tomorrow night to meet up if your available around 8ish?
Kris

Postby Onyx on Wed Oct 13, 2004 10:18 pm

Nice, but where's the rest of em? ;) Surely you took more pics in your two weeks, esp with a new camera!!
Onyx

Postby Kris on Wed Oct 13, 2004 10:49 pm

I took hundreds and ill put them up later when my DSL is fixed... but just a few for now :)
Kris

Postby Flyer on Wed Oct 13, 2004 11:23 pm

Great shots Kris.
Looks like you had a great time. :D
Flyer

Postby Killakoala on Thu Oct 14, 2004 6:35 pm

Love them. The views are sensational.

I look forward to seeing some more when you get them up.
Steve.
|D700| D2H | F5 | 70-200VR | 85 1.4 | 50 1.4 | 28-70 | 10.5 | 12-24 | SB800 |
Website-> http://www.stevekilburn.com
Leeds United for promotion in 2014 - Hurrah!!!
Killakoala

Postby Matt. K on Thu Oct 14, 2004 7:57 pm

Nice work Kris! I love neat and in the middle!
Regards

Matt. K
Matt. K
Former Outstanding Member Of The Year and KM

Postby Kris on Thu Oct 14, 2004 11:10 pm

After my class on the D70 this evening with Glen, I just wish I was back there to reshoot them! :)
Kris

Return to Image Reviews and Critiques