Mr Ten Questions at Photo Imaging World

Items of local interest for those in Sydney

Moderators: Greg B, Nnnnsic, Geoff, Glen, gstark, Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is. Please also check the portal page for more information on this.

Postby Manta on Tue Mar 28, 2006 6:27 pm

Bump.

Surely there must be more burning questions out there that we deserve to have answered??
Simon
D300 l MB-D10 l D70 l SB-800 l 70-200 VR l TC 17-E l 18-70 f3.5-4.5 l 70-300 f4-5.6 l 50 f1.4 l 90 Macro f2.8 l 12-24 f4
http://www.redbubble.com/people/manta
Manta
Former Outstanding Member Of The Year

Postby johndec on Tue Mar 28, 2006 8:19 pm

Manta wrote:Bump.

Surely there must be more burning questions out there that we deserve to have answered??

OK, I'll bite. How about this:

"LBCAST seemed to be a promising technology, well that was what Nikon was telling us 3 years ago. What went wrong?"
If I'm alone in a forest and my wife is not around to hear what I say, am I still wrong ??
johndec

Postby gstark on Tue Mar 28, 2006 9:00 pm

John,

That may be a worthwhile avenue to wander down, although it's targetting Nikon rather than Maxwell.
g.
Gary Stark
Nikon, Canon, Bronica .... stuff
The people who want English to be the official language of the United States are uncomfortable with their leaders being fluent in it - US Pres. Bartlet
gstark
Site Admin

Postby johndec on Tue Mar 28, 2006 9:37 pm

gstark wrote:John,

That may be a worthwhile avenue to wander down, although it's targetting Nikon rather than Maxwell.

But surely as Nikons' official mouthpiece in Oz, who else would be better placed to answer the question? (insert sarcasm emoticon here).

ME: LBCAST seemed to be a promising technology, well that was what Nikon was telling us 3 years ago. What went wrong?

Maxwell Lackey: LB what?

ME: You know, the breakthrough technology that Maxwell and Nikon announced when the D2H was introduced..

LACKEY: Umm, the D2H had lots of thingys, at least 4 from memory, but I think they were called megapixels, not ELL-BEES...

ME: So what were you doing this time last week?

LACKEY: Stacking shelves at Woolworths.

ME: Not suprised...

Bottom line. We should be able to throw any Nikon related question to a Nikon agent (Maxwell) and expect it to be answered in a competant manner. All we need is a competant Nikon agent.
If I'm alone in a forest and my wife is not around to hear what I say, am I still wrong ??
johndec

Postby gstark on Tue Mar 28, 2006 9:54 pm

John,

My point though is that Maxwell's service is worse than that provided by .... just about everyone. What we really want is for Maxwell's to undergo a severe attitude adjustment, and not treat us like a bunch of dickheads.

They - Maxwells - need to be dragged kicking and screaming into the 21st century, whether they like it or not. ATM, they're, like Little Johnnie, still stuck in La La Land of the 1950s.

I think it's reality check time.
g.
Gary Stark
Nikon, Canon, Bronica .... stuff
The people who want English to be the official language of the United States are uncomfortable with their leaders being fluent in it - US Pres. Bartlet
gstark
Site Admin

Postby nito on Thu Mar 30, 2006 8:23 am

When is the april mini-meeting going to be announced for registration? All this talk has gotten excited about the PIW06. :D
nito

Postby birddog114 on Thu Mar 30, 2006 8:34 am

nito wrote:When is the april mini-meeting going to be announced for registration? All this talk has gotten excited about the PIW06. :D

nito,

Here it's:

http://www.dslrusers.com/viewtopic.php?p=187712#187712
Birddog114
VNAF, My Beloved Country and Airspace
birddog114

Postby nito on Thu Mar 30, 2006 9:19 pm

I am there. :D
nito

Previous

Return to Sydney