RIP Webster

Items of local interest for those in Sydney

Moderators: Greg B, Nnnnsic, Geoff, Glen, gstark, Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is. Please also check the portal page for more information on this.

RIP Webster

Postby gstark on Wed Dec 17, 2008 4:57 pm

Totally unrelated to anything to do with photography, per se, but in his time, a wonderful photographic subject, and most definitely a Sydney Event on his own ...

I was saddened yesterday morning to hear of the passing, in Tasmania on Tuesday, of John Webster. Many members will no doubt have spent some time on a Sunday in the Domain, being entertained by this man who was a brilliant orator. I suspect that several may even have their own images of this man.

The SMH carries an obit, and I noted that at the radio station yesterday afternoon, Bill Crewes faxed his own press release regarding this loss, no doubt due to Webster's historical conenction with Ted Noffs' Wayside Chapel in The Cross.
g.
Gary Stark
Nikon, Canon, Bronica .... stuff
The people who want English to be the official language of the United States are uncomfortable with their leaders being fluent in it - US Pres. Bartlet
gstark
Site Admin

Re: RIP Webster

Postby photoaffinity on Wed Dec 17, 2008 10:43 pm

Indeed.

I last saw him in Tasmania at the age of 93, fighting fit and full of fire as always.

(yeah I'm probably a bit young to remember the domain, but I've known Webster since i was about 3)
photoaffinity

Postby Willy wombat on Thu Dec 18, 2008 2:26 pm

Sounds like an interesting character - the obit had some interesting info about him. Be cool to see pics from any members
Steve (Nikon D200/D700)
My photography website http://wwphoto.redbubble.com/
My photo blog http://www.redbubble.com/people/wwphoto
Please feel free to offer any constructive criticism on my works
Willy wombat

Postby surenj on Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:02 pm

Looks like a very interesting character! I would love to see some good captures from the forum....
surenj

Return to Sydney