Possible things of interest arnd Sydney

Items of local interest for those in Sydney

Moderators: Greg B, Nnnnsic, Geoff, Glen, gstark, Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is. Please also check the portal page for more information on this.

Possible things of interest arnd Sydney

Postby mozzie on Mon Oct 20, 2008 3:11 pm

I like keeping a look out for stuff thats happening around Sydney (despite almost always not being able to attend) came across these two:

http://www.cityofsydney.nsw.gov.au/WhatsOn/html/custom/2234-event-details.asp?EventID=61722

http://www.cityofsydney.nsw.gov.au/WhatsOn/html/custom/2234-event-details.asp?EventID=60795

From the depth of knowledge of some of the memebers of the board I am guessing the camea expo isnt going to have much to offer (people here seems to know more than the sales reps and their instruction manuals put together) but for some newbies like me it might be interesting.

and the one of photographic human suffering i just find interesting seeing as thats the kinds of social issues that i like arguing over.
mozzie

Re: Possible things of interest arnd Sydney

Postby Mr Darcy on Mon Oct 20, 2008 3:38 pm

Georges do not have a good reputation among us oldsters. I would be wary that the second is simply window dressing for "Buy a new camera from us now at our inflated prices"
Greg
It's easy to be good... when there is nothing else to do
Mr Darcy

Re: Possible things of interest arnd Sydney

Postby gstark on Mon Oct 20, 2008 5:12 pm

Greg,

Mr Darcy wrote:Georges do not have a good reputation

Is all that needs to be said. :)

Although there are some who have an even worse reputation. :twisted:

This bit is a gem ...

A series of 30 minute photography training seminars where attendees can learn everything from composition and light metering, to shutter speed and photography manipulation techniques will also take place.

Great. 30 minutes in George's and I'll be a photographer! whoo-hoo!

I'm excited!
g.
Gary Stark
Nikon, Canon, Bronica .... stuff
The people who want English to be the official language of the United States are uncomfortable with their leaders being fluent in it - US Pres. Bartlet
gstark
Site Admin

Return to Sydney