Looking for shoot location.....an abandonded old house

Items of local interest for those in Sydney

Moderators: Greg B, Nnnnsic, Geoff, Glen, gstark, Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is. Please also check the portal page for more information on this.

Looking for shoot location.....an abandonded old house

Postby timno1 on Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:30 pm

Im looking to do a shoot in an abandoned old house,anywhere in the Sydney metro area.I was wondering if anyone here could suggest any ideal locations.
Any help will be much appreciated.
timno1

Re: Looking for shoot location.....an abandonded old house

Postby Raskill on Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:41 am

Mate, did a shoot recently in a old factory. The slazenger/dunlop factory in Botany. Was excellent. Heaps of room and some truly excellent grafitti work also.
2x D700, 2x D2h, lenses, speedlights, studio, pelican cases, tripods, monopods, patridges, pear trees etc etc

http://www.awbphotos.com.au
Raskill

Postby chrisk on Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:58 am

Raskill wrote:Mate, did a shoot recently in a old factory. The slazenger/dunlop factory in Botany. Was excellent. Heaps of room and some truly excellent grafitti work also.

whats the addy for this and is it fenced off ? access ok ?
would love to go midweek for a shoot if anyone is interested ! :cheers:
EM1 l 7.5 l 12-40 l 14 l 17 l 25 l 45 l 60 l 75 l AW1 l V3
chrisk

Postby timno1 on Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:05 pm

Raskill wrote:Mate, did a shoot recently in a old factory. The slazenger/dunlop factory in Botany. Was excellent. Heaps of room and some truly excellent grafitti work also.

Thanks for that mate...it sounds like that location would be great for an urban-look shoot....but im probably looking for something a bit more intimate,thats why i thought of an old house.
timno1

Postby mozzie on Fri Sep 04, 2009 3:06 pm

this is probably a bit far for you but in Maquarie fields (near Campbelltown) there is an old house - i've only ever seen it from the train (its across the train station) but from the outside it looks run down and partially burnt. it has a nice feel to it. I've often thought about taking some snaps down there. Its not fenced off or anything. But yes i dont think it meets the sydney metro area ctiteira sorry.
mozzie

Postby timno1 on Sat Sep 05, 2009 11:55 pm

mozzie wrote:this is probably a bit far for you but in Maquarie fields (near Campbelltown) there is an old house - i've only ever seen it from the train (its across the train station) but from the outside it looks run down and partially burnt. it has a nice feel to it. I've often thought about taking some snaps down there. Its not fenced off or anything. But yes i dont think it meets the sydney metro area ctiteira sorry.

I live in Parramatta,so your location suggestion isnt too far for me to travel to....do you have any idea what street its in?
timno1

Return to Sydney