Looking to team up with a fellow enthusiastic photographer!

Items of local interest for those in Sydney

Moderators: Greg B, Nnnnsic, Geoff, Glen, gstark, Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is. Please also check the portal page for more information on this.

Looking to team up with a fellow enthusiastic photographer!

Postby BlueBottle on Wed Nov 11, 2009 6:34 pm

Hey there!

I thought I'd chuck this out there to see if I can dig up any interest.

My name is Luke, I'm 19, and am a VERY happy-chappy with an SLR in my hands. Lately I've been tossing up the idea of finding another keen photographer out there who I can well relate to (preferably around the same age too) and creating a somewhat partnership between us: either for simply having a combined artistic venture into creating some lovely works (collaborating our ideas, rescources, equipment, etc. If they have access to a photo studio, even BETTER!) or even launching out there and even starting something of a business.

I have no idea what kind of interest for this kind of thing there is, so I just had to ask. I totally agree that for most photographers a solo approach to creating their artwork may be best, but I'm just thinking how gnarly it could be at the possibilities of having TWO fanatic photographers going at it side by side to see how far we could get.

Obviously it takes a certain kind of person, not worried and eager to try, to consider this kind of thing. But if there ARE any around here, please hurl me a "Hello'!

Have a great day!
Luke

hollowpoint308@hotmail.com
http://lukeayers.daportfolio.com/
BlueBottle

Re: Looking to team up with a fellow enthusiastic photographer!

Postby Glen on Wed Nov 11, 2009 7:08 pm

Hi Luke,

Hope you find someone, even maybe a few people to see who is compatible with who. One suggestion, which is also a requirement of the site (see the pink box above your post when posting J )is to put your location in. Might be hard to team up if they are in Humpty Doo, NT and you are in Lahore, India.

Good luck
http://wolfeyes.com.au Tactical Torches - Tactical Flashlights Police torch rechargeable torch military torch police military HID surefire flashlight LED torch tactical torch rechargeable wolf eyes flashlight surefire torch wolf eyes tactical torchpolice torch
Thank You
Glen

Postby BlueBottle on Wed Nov 11, 2009 7:35 pm

Hey thanks, mate! Understood.
BlueBottle

Postby wendellt on Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:35 am

Hi

you have a very cinematic quality to your photos i can see a budding filmaker / cinematographer in you
i'm not around alot but if you want to collaborate on a few one off projects i have time over december

what exactly were you thinking off?
Wendell Levi Teodoro
My Agents
Press - Getty Images
Creative Rep - T.I.D. FashionID, DBP Productions & The Nest Agency
My Book - Zeduce
wendellt
Outstanding Member of the year (Don't try this at home.)

Postby Marvin on Thu Nov 12, 2009 3:37 pm

wendellt wrote:Hi

you have a very cinematic quality to your photos i can see a budding filmaker / cinematographer in you
i'm not around alot but if you want to collaborate on a few one off projects i have time over december

Wow, there's an offer you should not refuse! Wendell is an amazing photographer.
Nikon D7000
Marvin

Postby aim54x on Thu Nov 12, 2009 3:56 pm

Marvin wrote:
wendellt wrote:Hi

Wow, there's an offer you should not refuse! Wendell is an amazing photographer.

:agree:
Cameron
Nikon F/Nikon 1 | Hasselblad V/XPAN| Leica M/LTM |Sony α/FE/E/Maxxum/M42
Wishlist Nikkor 24/85 f/1.4| Fuji Natura Black
Scout-Images | Flickr | 365Project
aim54x

Postby BlueBottle on Thu Nov 12, 2009 7:07 pm

Hey, wow, Wendell, I just checked out your stuff.. incredible! I think I could stand to learn a fair bit from you too (the far majority of all my work has been done without flash and so I've just been dipping my toes into that new ocean only lately).
And yes I'm also an active indie filmmaker, happy you spotted that.

Well hey I've actually got a bunch of ideas and projects to choose from, mainly focused around people pictures. But from seeing what you can already do, I ain't afraid to launch into it all and see what we can achieve.

But please, send me an email and we'll talk more!

And thanks to all the rest of you :D

Luke
hollowpoint308@hotmail.com
http://lukeayers.daportfolio.com/
BlueBottle

Return to Sydney