Nude/Glamour location in Newcastle / Port Stephens area

Items of local interest for those in Sydney

Moderators: Greg B, Nnnnsic, Geoff, Glen, gstark, Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is. Please also check the portal page for more information on this.

Nude/Glamour location in Newcastle / Port Stephens area

Postby NightShift77 on Thu Nov 26, 2009 1:09 am

Hi everyone,

I have been asked to take some glamour / boudoir photography for a lady to give to her new husband as a Christmas present but she wants them in a nature or outdoor setting she has suggested a beach scene or bushland setting.

Does anyone have any suggestions for any locations around the Port Stephens / Newcastle area that would be suitable for and artistic semi-nude photography shoot, ideally a more secluded location that's not going to be packed with people and she can feel comfortable people aren't watching her.

I haven't done artistic nudes outdoors before so is there anything I need to be aware off. I have done some other work with her previously for pregnacy and mum & bub type photos, even though we have worked together previously, should I still suggest she bring a chaperon seeing as we won't be at a fixed address.

Also, does anyone know the laws about semi/nude outdoor photography in NSW.

Thanks

(Sorry I know this is a cross post but the lack of responses I thought I might have posted in the wrong area originally)
NightShift77

Re: Nude/Glamour location in Newcastle / Port Stephens area

Postby devilla101 on Fri Nov 27, 2009 4:07 pm

You will probably need a permit to do such a thing and also provide liability insurance certificate to the council since they might deem it as a professional/commercial shoot. Or just try your luck and keep shooting till you get booted out :)

I would suggest to research ahead by scouting locations and see what, if any, the amount of people passing through at the time you are planning to shoot
devilla101

Postby radar on Fri Nov 27, 2009 9:05 pm

Some of the photographers in this Flickr group may be able to help:
http://www.flickr.com/groups/newcastle_art_photography/

Some of the beaches that have been known to have some nude "sections" are Burwood and Dudley beaches.

cheers,

André
Photography, as a powerful medium of expression and communications, offers an infinite variety of perception, interpretation and execution. Ansel Adams

(misc Nikon stuff)
radar

Postby Photopotamus on Fri Nov 27, 2009 11:00 pm

Have you considered the dunes at Anna Bay? I'm sure you could negotiate some transportation down the beach with one of the local purveyors (unless you have a 4WD). If weather is good, that offers sun, sand, surf, dunes, grassy areas, and can be quite secluded.

Good luck!
Canon 450D/ 18-55 IS "Kit Lens" / 55-250 IS "Kit Lens 2" / 17-85 EF-S / Nifty 50 II

Q: Can you give me some information about hippo racing in Australia? (USA)
A: Sure, the hippo racing is every Tuesday night in Kings Cross. Come naked.
Photopotamus

Return to Sydney