Catch of the Day

Had a good experience with a trader? Please share that with us. While primarily we're interested in such things as on-line trading and off-shore purchases, anything good is more than welcome.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is.

Catch of the Day

Postby sirhc55 on Mon May 02, 2011 12:24 pm

This company lives up to its name: Catch of the Day. The catch is that they will take your money immediately and then spin out delivery for as long as they can.

So my friends, be warned.

On the other hand I can highly recommend VideoPro in Qld. I purchased a 50" Samsung Plasma 3D TV from them over the long weekend. I received an email on ANZAC Day to say that due to the holiday my TV would be sent on the Wednesday. They also told me I would receive an email notification of delivery details. No details were sent to me but on Thursday it turned up at my door - VideoPro is highly commended for their service.
Chris
--------------------------------
I started my life with nothing and I’ve still got most of it left
sirhc55
Key Member

Re: Catch of the Day

Postby radar on Mon May 02, 2011 12:35 pm

sirhc55 wrote:This company lives up to its name: Catch of the Day. The catch is that they will take your money immediately and then spin out delivery for as long as they can.

Similar experience here. They have some good bargains if you do your research beforehand but in terms of delivery, takes a while unfortunately.
Photography, as a powerful medium of expression and communications, offers an infinite variety of perception, interpretation and execution. Ansel Adams

(misc Nikon stuff)
radar

Postby sirhc55 on Mon May 02, 2011 7:36 pm

I actually quoted to them that under the Corporations Act they are not allowed to take money for a product that they do not have in stock. This is something that happens a lot in Australia. Most reputable dealers do not take your money until an item is available for delivery but this shonky mob tell you always that there are delays in delivery. I actually received an item from NY in 4 days - this mob have been dithering since the 13th April.
Chris
--------------------------------
I started my life with nothing and I’ve still got most of it left
sirhc55
Key Member

Postby who on Mon May 09, 2011 12:54 am

Thats about what you get with most of the online daily crap sites....

I've had my moments with them, with Zazz, etc.

At least Zazz will RA and eventually refund gear that doesn't fit the specs (recent example - bought a wireless video baby monitor that the sender was supposed to run on 4 AA batteries. Said batteries did not contact the terminals due to excessively large plastic mouldings to hold the battery "nipple" terminals to contact the positive end of the battery.

Advised them of this on RA, advised that it appeared to be a design fault and that a full refund would be best solution. Took them a while, but refund received. (This was an essential feature too, as I wanted a mobile sender to keep an eye on the terrible 2 wherever he might be setup in the house.)

Apart from this, the signal was crap, lots of interference, just a crap product anyway. Since acquired a Target Baby Monitor that does this, larger and Colour LCD on receiver, no interference, VOX feature for nights, just not as easy at the receiver end to get setup.
Old D200+extras
who

Return to Trader Opinions