PotW 18 November 2008 - no selection

Each week, one of the moderators or administrators selects an image that, for whatever reason, catches their eye. Please feel free to add your comments here. Vigorous discussion of the images and techniques is welcome and encouraged. Criticism of any mod for their choice is not. Please note that this is "Picture of the Week"; do not confuse that with "best picture of the week", which is a concept of which we have no understanding.

Moderators: Greg B, Nnnnsic, Geoff, Glen, gstark, Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is.

PotW 18 November 2008 - no selection

Postby the foto fanatic on Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:23 pm

Normally selecting PotW is an enjoyable job, and I look forward to my turn when it comes around.

However, the difficulties we are all experiencing with the server has made this week's selection somewhat problematic.

Firstly, we have had quite a small number of photos posted this week - I suspect that results from the slow server problems already referred to.

Secondly, I cannot guarantee that I can properly review them all because of the same issue - too many page load errors, and too much time needed.

So, in the interest of fairness, I am not making a selection today.

I know that Gary is working very hard in the background to migrate us to a new server, so I hope that by the time we reach the next selection date everything will be back to normal.
TFF (Trevor)
My History Blog: Your Brisbane: Past & Present
My Photo Blog: The Foto Fanatic
Nikon stuff!
the foto fanatic

Return to Picture of the Week