POTW-7-04-2015

Each week, one of the moderators or administrators selects an image that, for whatever reason, catches their eye. Please feel free to add your comments here. Vigorous discussion of the images and techniques is welcome and encouraged. Criticism of any mod for their choice is not. Please note that this is "Picture of the Week"; do not confuse that with "best picture of the week", which is a concept of which we have no understanding.

Moderators: Greg B, Nnnnsic, Geoff, Glen, gstark, Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is.

POTW-7-04-2015

Postby Matt. K on Tue Apr 07, 2015 2:19 pm

This weeks star is Aussie Dave for this image he created using a home made light modifier. He has produced an image with superb skin tones, excellent form, (roundness or 3D), and beautiful texture. If I was to offer any advice on how to improve this image I would suggest slightly lightening the eyes and giving them a tad more contrast. This would make them more of a focal point for the photograph. You would have to take care not to overdo it though.
Well Done Dave!

Last edited by Matt. K on Tue Apr 07, 2015 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Regards

Matt. K
Matt. K
Former Outstanding Member Of The Year and KM

Re: POTW-7-04-2016

Postby ozimax on Tue Apr 07, 2015 5:12 pm

Superb photo Dave. (Well except for the watermark...:)) Well chosen Matt. This image will be treasured for many years to come.
ozimax

Re: POTW-7-04-2016

Postby Aussie Dave on Tue Apr 07, 2015 7:05 pm

Gee, thanks again guys. I was quite chuffed with the images that resulted from my little DIY attempt - so much in fact that yesterday I made a second modifier, exactly the same except the 2nd one is lined with aluminium foil to give that silver punch (instead of white). I haven't used it yet but look forward to seeing the differences between the two.

And I agree Matt, the eyes do look a little dark looking back on the image....so I have added a re-edited version to my original post - named DIY Beauty Dish (as the BBcode is turned OFF for replies to this thread), so I couldn't include the image in this post.

Oh, and I left out the watermark in the re-edited version.....just for you Ozimax :-)

Cheers guys!
Aussie Dave

Re: POTW-7-04-2015

Postby Matt. K on Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:35 pm

Just a tip Dave. Reflector with silver foil gives cool skin tones....with gold foil gives warm, healthy tanned affect. That's how they put the tan on skimpy models. :D
Regards

Matt. K
Matt. K
Former Outstanding Member Of The Year and KM

Re: POTW-7-04-2015

Postby zafra52 on Wed Apr 08, 2015 2:16 pm

Good choice and excellent portrait. I would like to point out that when you click on the POTW thumbnail in the Portal page it links to the wrong page.
zafra52

Return to Picture of the Week