preferred slide film?

Many of our members still have film cameras. And some even use them! This is for film junkies

Moderators: Greg B, Nnnnsic, Geoff, Glen, gstark, Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is. Please also check the portal page for more information on this.

preferred slide film?

Postby jdear on Wed Mar 16, 2005 12:15 pm

Ive been playing around with film's, trying to find one i like the characteristics of.

I know Velvia is a preferred film for landscapes because of its fine grain and punchy colours and have shot a few rolls.

I have been playing around with ASTIA 100F recently - bought 10 rolls off ebay for $90 (RRP $21 each!) and have yet to pick up a roll recently developed - will post any breath-taking images :wink:

i havent used Provia as yet, heard some good things about it.

JD
jdear

Postby gstark on Wed Mar 16, 2005 12:23 pm

For straight out colour and definition, there's nothing that beats Kodachrome.

That said, when it comes to E6 stock, I much prefer using Fuji over Ektachrome.
g.
Gary Stark
Nikon, Canon, Bronica .... stuff
The people who want English to be the official language of the United States are uncomfortable with their leaders being fluent in it - US Pres. Bartlet
gstark
Site Admin

Postby huynhie on Wed Mar 16, 2005 12:30 pm

Jdear,

I still prefer velvia 50 (RVP) as my all time favourite slide film. Ever since Velvia 100F (RVP 100F) I have stopped using Provia (RDP III). I found Provia renders a blue cast when images were taken under shade. It's better with an 81a, 81b or skylight filter on.

Astia (RAP 100F) is a fine grain film and renders very natural colours, I dont use this film much because I still prefer saturated colours.

It also looks like Velvia 50 (RVP) will soon be replace by Velvia 100 and not with Velvia 100F (RVP 100F)
huynhie

Return to Film and Non-Digital Imaging