FIRST POST OF IMAGES

Items of local interest for those in the national capital.

Moderators: Greg B, Nnnnsic, Geoff, Glen, gstark, Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is. Please also check the portal page for more information on this.

FIRST POST OF IMAGES

Postby Wombat124 on Fri Feb 04, 2005 9:21 am

Hi to Canberra D70s

I have at last been able to load some photos on to a free photo sharing site - Pixspot.com.

(I know that there is a forum for new photos - will add a direct link to some photos in that forum later)

Below is the link to the site (this link takes you to the Albums and not an individual photo - I have found it easy just to use the Back Arrow to go to other Albums after looking in one.

http://pixspot.com/index.php?cat=10086

Hope you enjoy them - not necessarily the best photos but my first attempt at loading.

Steve
" There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs" Ansel Adams.
Wombat124

Postby sirhc55 on Fri Feb 04, 2005 9:53 am

Steve

I had a look at your albums and have the following comments:

Son Jake - this is my kind of shot - different - and I like it

The Floriade shot would have been a little better if it had been offset to the right or did a crop so it is not so centred. If you do a closeup in macro then centering is more acceptable because the subject very often is the total frame.

The Captain Flat Shop is very nice just for the colours on the subject matter.

In the travel shots I love the hands - very poweful, and the shot of Covent (not Convent by the way) Garden is great. Would suggest a touch of straightening on this one but I love the atmosphere. For many years I lived in Shaftesbury Avenue and went to uni through the old Covent Garden when it was the flower markets - ah memories of years gone past. . .

Overall I like your shots Steve and wait to see more
Chris
--------------------------------
I started my life with nothing and I’ve still got most of it left
sirhc55
Key Member

Postby Wombat124 on Fri Feb 04, 2005 10:49 am

Chris

Thanks for your comments - sorry about the spelling error.

I have a few more like Jake and I will post them - I was a bit uncertain of the protocol - do people just like images out of the camera or don't mind some photos modified in Photoshop.

Must abmit the Captains Flat Shop photo was also fixed in Photoshop - I remove an unseemly telephone line going from the top of the shop to the right - and going nowhere.

Steve
" There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs" Ansel Adams.
Wombat124

Postby sirhc55 on Fri Feb 04, 2005 10:54 am

Steve

You will find that there are purists that will not change their pics - they like them straight out of the camera.

There are also people that use PP to enhance their photos and/or to produce a photo that comes within the field of being called art.

I myself use both methods

Many of the great photographers in the past (film) used both methods
Chris
--------------------------------
I started my life with nothing and I’ve still got most of it left
sirhc55
Key Member

Return to Canberra