Canon 16 - 35 F4

If you're a user of a Canon DSLR, then welcome. This is your home.

Moderators: gstark, Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is. Please also check the portal page for more information on this.

Canon 16 - 35 F4

Postby TonyT on Fri Jul 31, 2015 10:43 pm

Brought the Canon 16 - 35 F4 a month ago. Still playing with it, but I happy with what I am seeing. I have the Sigma 12 - 24 and Canon 24 - 105 and what I found was the Sigma was sharper in the corners than the Canon (quite a lot). I notice this a awhile back so would try a get a wider shot and then crop, but this is not always possible. When I go walking, I only take the 24 - 105, tripod and filters and such, sometimes I take the Sigma but only if the conditions are right to change lens.

I seen this lens at Teds so studied it ( has good write ups in regards to sharpness) and also looked a my shooting range, and surprising I shoot a lot at 24 and a up but not a lot under. So this will be my go to landscape lens for wide, but not so much at 16 as there is some distortion. I need to pay at that range more and see it it's useable.

On my lovely camera

Uncropped at 28 and - 4 it was suppose to be - 6 ( Drive past here every morning to work, was hoping for a hard frost)

Uncropped at 35
TonyT

Re: Canon 16 - 35 F4

Postby zafra52 on Sun Aug 02, 2015 2:22 pm

I quite like those to landscapes.
zafra52

Return to Canon Corral