New 350D Rebel XT Firmware 1.0.3 released

If you're a user of a Canon DSLR, then welcome. This is your home.

Moderators: gstark, Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is. Please also check the portal page for more information on this.

New 350D Rebel XT Firmware 1.0.3 released

Postby Paul on Wed Oct 26, 2005 2:50 pm

Just released, thanks to Mred32 from OCAU

http://web.canon.jp/Imaging/eosdigital2 ... d+download 3.4Mb

1. Fixes the phenomenon of shots being unable to be taken when using the remote controller RC-1.
2. Fixes the phenomenon of auto play not stopping during playback.
3. Improves communication reliability when using some CF cards.

Play with at your own RISK!
Nikon F80D, FM2n
RRS BH-55, 055XPROB
Smugmug
Paul

Postby Wocka on Tue Dec 06, 2005 10:06 am

I loaded this Firmware on my 350D 2 weeks ago. I haven't had any bad effects. Very simple process of upgrading too.

I haven't had a chance to use my cheap OMG brand, RC-1 remote since. But I did experience issue 1 stated above. I'll try and give the remote another go this weekend and see if the same thing happens.

I thought it was almost dead batteries in the remote ( even brand new first time test in the lounge room ) when I was testing it. Would take 3 pictures then nothing, try and try again, move closer, worked, move back would work again????.

The camera was between me and the window but I must admit I though it might have been a bad signal to the IR sensor. Figured this thing won't work outdoors. But probably just the firmware issue.

Cheers
Warwick
=======
Canon 40D : 350D
Canon 18-55mm : Canon 75-300mm IS USM : Sigma 30mm EX HSM DC 1.4 : Sigma 10-20mm
Wocka

Postby oli on Sat Dec 24, 2005 3:47 pm

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

I think I'll leave my 350D alone for now. :D
Photo gallery online <a href="http://photoden.net/oliver">here</a> and some more on deviantArt <a href="http://oliau.deviantart.com">here</a>.
oli

Postby Wocka on Sun Dec 25, 2005 6:37 am

I had another go with the updated firmware and the remote. Have found a large increase in the response to take shots. Unfortunately I still had a few shots that didn't fire. But this could be from the cheap China quality and not the genuine Canon build.

But was glad to see even when I placed the camera and IR sensor in the sun, the remote would still trigger the camera.

Cheers.
Warwick
=======
Canon 40D : 350D
Canon 18-55mm : Canon 75-300mm IS USM : Sigma 30mm EX HSM DC 1.4 : Sigma 10-20mm
Wocka

Postby bobbyd on Sun Jan 01, 2006 9:39 pm

Canon Aus suggested that this is worth upgrading to so i did it and no probs.
bobbyd

Return to Canon Corral