FD lens on EF body

If you're a user of a Canon DSLR, then welcome. This is your home.

Moderators: gstark, Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is. Please also check the portal page for more information on this.

FD lens on EF body

Postby spada on Sat Dec 03, 2005 2:19 pm

Hi
Recently I bought a simple thing call EF to FD from other forum ( off locopano) , this thing enable you to use years old FD lens on newer EOS body such as 300D..., I took out my old FD 135mm f2.8 prime and put it on the 20D,this lens is small 52mm , and bingo it works but with some drawback as the adator itself has a piece of glass on it and act as 1.X teleconverter and therefore the lens lose between one to two stop, and the focal lenthg is now 135*1.X , it will work well in manual mode in good light condition.I found that it hard to take picture in full manual mode if the object is moving because I have to constantly turn the focus ring to follw the object, if it goes too fast I have to give up, I think how hard in the old day people still took stunning picture, today I can't, i mostly rely on AF .Below is some pics from FD 135mm lens .

She is sleepy so this the easiest

I make some noise to wake her up

This one is hard because it always move

And my niece, whenever she laught her eye close

Regards
Spada
spada

Postby mudder on Sat Dec 03, 2005 3:35 pm

Is it just me or do these almost have a soft focus look to them, especially the first two :? Any PP?

Cute model in the last one :)
Aka Andrew
mudder

Postby spada on Sat Dec 03, 2005 4:06 pm

Hi Andrew
They traight out of the camera, only resize for posting , the glass inside adaptor reduce image quality, but anyway it fun in these boring days ( raining whole week in Sydney ).

Regards
spada
spada

Postby mudder on Sat Dec 03, 2005 4:32 pm

spada wrote:... They traight out of the camera, only resize for posting...

Ahhh, I assume it's because they haven't been sharpened at all... It's all good fun on those boring days huh :)
Aka Andrew
mudder

Postby spada on Sat Dec 03, 2005 4:52 pm

yes Andrew :lol:

Regards
spada
spada

Return to Canon Corral