Rocker switch failure on D70

If you're a user of a Canon DSLR, then welcome. This is your home.

Moderators: gstark, Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is. Please also check the portal page for more information on this.

Rocker switch failure on D70

Postby shakey on Sun Jan 01, 2006 7:52 pm

Over the weekend the rocker switch on the back of my 18 month old D70 failed. I cannot change the focal point to the right hand focus spot. And no I haven't left it in the locked position. Anyone else have a problem with this switch and if so how much does it cost to get fixed since I think I'm out of warranty on this. Will talk to Maxwell when they back off holiday mode but would like an approx amount that I am looking at.

Cheers
shakey

Postby Onyx on Mon Jan 02, 2006 1:22 am

Just to confirm that it is a hardware failure and not a mixed/jumbled settings issue, are you able to navigate the menus? When you're reviewing a picture in playback mode, does pressing any of the 4 ways directional arrows switch off the screen?
Onyx

Postby shakey on Mon Jan 02, 2006 11:13 am

Thanks Onyx,

Its all the operations requiring the right switch, whether in focus mode, menu mode or image review mode. Also tried the 2 button reset without joy. So I guess its hardware
shakey

Return to Canon Corral