Just Canon DSLR Magazine

If you're a user of a Canon DSLR, then welcome. This is your home.

Moderators: gstark, Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is. Please also check the portal page for more information on this.

Just Canon DSLR Magazine

Postby DebT on Sat Mar 15, 2008 6:11 am

Hi,
while renewing my subscription to the UK Digital Camera Magazine I came across 'Photo Plus' - aparantly a magazine dedicated to Canon dslr - anyone seen it here in Aus ? can be found http://www.myfavouritemagazine.co.uk
Rgds Deb T
DebT
"so many dreams - so little time "
DebT

Re: Just Canon DSLR Magazine

Postby llubnrut on Sat Mar 15, 2008 8:47 am

Haven't seen it but correct URL is http://www.myfavouritemagazines.co.uk/
llubnrut

Postby zafra52 on Sat Mar 15, 2008 5:31 pm

I personnaly think it is overdue.
zafra52

Postby Flame on Sun Mar 23, 2008 12:08 pm

It's been sold here in Australia for the past four months. Have a look in the newsagent near the end of the month as that's when it's been coming out, assuming all newsagents carry it. Price: $13.95.

I've bought every issue and it's brilliant! :D
Flame

Postby DebT on Tue Mar 25, 2008 5:28 am

Thanks Flame - I'll start looking
Have fun
DebT
DebT
DebT

Postby Analog6 on Tue Mar 25, 2008 2:00 pm

I'll have to watch out for it. But boy they rip us off on that exchange rate, below is the conversion I did on Oanda.com today. $5.20 seems a bit rich for freight, presuming a whole lot of magazines would come in a bundle from the one publisher each month.

Tuesday, March 25, 2008
3.99 British Pound = 8.75793 Australian Dollar
Odille
------
http://odille.zenfolio.com ~ http://www.lightartforum.com
Canon 20D & 300D; 18-55; 35-90; 90-300; Sigma 24-70 & 28-300; H'blad 553elx & f4 Sonnar 150
Analog6

Postby Dr Jan Itor on Tue Mar 25, 2008 3:52 pm

For those in Brisbane, there are a couple of copies left in the newsagent in Post Office Square. I just picked up a copy to read tonight.
Dr Jan Itor

Postby gstark on Tue Mar 25, 2008 4:33 pm

Dr Jan Itor wrote: I just picked up a copy to read tonight.

Shouldn;t you be looking at the pictures? :)
g.
Gary Stark
Nikon, Canon, Bronica .... stuff
The people who want English to be the official language of the United States are uncomfortable with their leaders being fluent in it - US Pres. Bartlet
gstark
Site Admin

Postby Dr Jan Itor on Tue Mar 25, 2008 5:13 pm

gstark wrote:Shouldn;t you be looking at the pictures? :)

There are pictures? :shock:
I swear I just read the articles... :wink:
Dr Jan Itor

Postby mickeyjuice on Tue Mar 25, 2008 6:32 pm

Analog6 wrote:I'll have to watch out for it. But boy they rip us off on that exchange rate, below is the conversion I did on Oanda.com today. $5.20 seems a bit rich for freight, presuming a whole lot of magazines would come in a bundle from the one publisher each month.

Tuesday, March 25, 2008
3.99 British Pound = 8.75793 Australian Dollar

Well, it's not just the exchange rate and freight, they've got to be distributed here, shelf space has to be allocated to a (presumably) small selling mag, etc.
cheers, juice
http://www.flickr.com/photos/mickeyjuice/
A bunch of Canon stuff (including Canon & Sigma lenses). Way more gear than talent.
mickeyjuice

Postby gstark on Tue Mar 25, 2008 6:38 pm

mickeyjuice wrote:Well, it's not just the exchange rate and freight, they've got to be distributed here, shelf space has to be allocated to a (presumably) small selling mag, etc.

But they also have to be distributed in England, and shelf space allocated there as well. I don't see that there's a difference, and I don't accept that you have highlighted any differences.
g.
Gary Stark
The people who want English to be the official language of the United States are uncomfortable with their leaders being fluent in it - US Pres. Bartlet
gstark
Site Admin

Postby mickeyjuice on Tue Mar 25, 2008 7:02 pm

gstark wrote:
mickeyjuice wrote:Well, it's not just the exchange rate and freight, they've got to be distributed here, shelf space has to be allocated to a (presumably) small selling mag, etc.

But they also have to be distributed in England, and shelf space allocated there as well. I don't see that there's a difference, and I don't accept that you have highlighted any differences.

Of course they do, but it's in their "home territory", if you like. Here they have to employ a separate organisation, etc. Economies of scale also work, significantly, against very small distributions.
cheers, juice
http://www.flickr.com/photos/mickeyjuice/
A bunch of Canon stuff (including Canon & Sigma lenses). Way more gear than talent.
mickeyjuice

Postby zafra52 on Tue Mar 25, 2008 7:03 pm

I just got issue #5 today at my local newsagent for AUD13.95. I haven't read it yet, but it seems quite good and it comes with a video disk with photoshop video tips.
zafra52

Postby gstark on Tue Mar 25, 2008 7:44 pm

mickeyjuice wrote:
gstark wrote:

Of course they do, but it's in their "home territory", if you like. Here they have to employ a separate organisation, etc. Economies of scale also work, significantly, against very small distributions.

None of which can justify the higher price.

None of it.
g.
Gary Stark
gstark
Site Admin

Postby Analog6 on Wed Mar 26, 2008 10:59 am

I agree gary, we do get ripped off here on overseas magazine prices. For some reason British and European ones have a bigger price hike than north American ones. I've never been able to work it out.
Odille
------
http://odille.zenfolio.com ~ http://www.lightartforum.com
Canon 20D & 300D; 18-55; 35-90; 90-300; Sigma 24-70 & 28-300; H'blad 553elx & f4 Sonnar 150
Analog6

Postby Skankyjoe on Fri Mar 28, 2008 10:08 pm

Got the last one from post office square today, will read it over the weekend. Seems like an alright magazine....not too sure on the $13.95 price tag though. They have a budget tripod shootout this month which is good because that's what i'm looking for at the moment anwyay.
Skankyjoe

Postby DebT on Sat Mar 29, 2008 6:42 am

Thanks everyone - just receied my first copy via subscription (cheaper than getting at the newsagent) and while I haven't finished it I am enjoying it thus far ..
the first thing I noticed is the absence of adds for every manufacturer - a big plus

Have fun
Deb T
DebT
DebT

Return to Canon Corral