Pentax K Mount lens on Canon EF DSLR

If you're a user of a Canon DSLR, then welcome. This is your home.

Moderators: gstark, Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is. Please also check the portal page for more information on this.

Pentax K Mount lens on Canon EF DSLR

Postby potato1 on Fri May 30, 2008 1:45 am

I 've got access to a really nice Pentax manaul focus macro lens plus bellows and i was wondering if there is a way to adapt it to fit my Canon 1d mark II. I've googled the topic and it seems it can be done, however this thread http://photography-on-the.net/forum/showthread.php?t=410433, suggests that the mirror will not clear the lens except when on a crop 1.6/ 1.5X body. On a full frame body you have to remove the aperture control lever (see http://www.jcolwell.ca/photography/calc-info/Keos-adapter.pdf). So my question is where does that leave me with a 1.3 crop body? Is the mirror clearance the same as the 1.6 crop cameras or more like a fullframe? I really dont want to go down the route of removing the aperture lever, maybe this is all not feasible and i should just get a k20D. :) Anyway I know this is a bit of an obscure question but any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.
potato1

Re: Pentax K Mount lens on Canon EF DSLR

Postby Big Red on Sat May 31, 2008 9:17 am

i don't have a bellows to study but it seems to me that the lens will be on the end of the bellows unit and no where near the camera.
Big Red

Postby potato1 on Sun Jun 01, 2008 12:46 am

Ah that’s quite true didn’t even think of that. I assume the clearance issue is to do with the back of the lens protruding into the mirror chamber. Well thanks for the reply bigred will give it some more thought...
potato1

Postby Biggzie on Sun Jun 01, 2008 3:01 am

Ive got a screw mount Pentax Bellows with a K-Mount adapter. I havent had a play with a K-Mount Bellows, but on mine the aperature is set on the ring on the lens and activated at that end of the Bellows. There is no connection with the camera aperature lever, its all set manually.
Nunquam requîrere a aptus occãsiõ ad claudere sûrsum
Biggzie

Return to Canon Corral