Have you used the EOS-1D Mk III?

If you're a user of a Canon DSLR, then welcome. This is your home.

Moderators: gstark, Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is. Please also check the portal page for more information on this.

Have you used the EOS-1D Mk III?

Postby rmp on Tue Aug 26, 2008 6:13 pm

Thinking of moving up from a 40D to the 1D for automotive and travel photography. But it's a lot of cash. If you've used it, first hand, please let me know what it's like, I've read reviews but I'm interested in longer-term hands-on opinions too. Particularly around the autofocus issue, and yes I have read and re-read RG's thoughts on that topic.
--
Robert
rmp

Re: Have you used the EOS-1D Mk III?

Postby michael_ on Tue Aug 26, 2008 6:21 pm

you can read RG's thoughts or you can read other sites thoughts, at the end of the day the camera is still brilliant aside from the tiny AF issues, i have 2 bodies and yes there is an issue but its easy to work around, the body is amazing, colours, features, build quality, IQ (coupled with good lenses), i shoot mainly sports and do see the ghosting/focusing issues but i simply dont just hold the trigger down, however in most instances its fine, i just bought a 40D for my mum (2 hrs ago) and i could never go back, the 1D is an abslutely amazing camera
michael_

Re: Have you used the EOS-1D Mk III?

Postby rmp on Tue Aug 26, 2008 6:28 pm

Thanks, that's just the sort of thing I wanted to hear. Appreciated. Every camera has something to work around and I don't see the 1D being any different.
--
Robert
rmp

Return to Canon Corral