More trading post fraud

If you're a user of a Canon DSLR, then welcome. This is your home.

Moderators: gstark, Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is. Please also check the portal page for more information on this.

More trading post fraud

Postby Rusty W. Griswald on Mon Aug 29, 2005 5:33 pm

http://www.tradingpost.com.au/photodisp ... 1402426618

Remember, if it's too good to be true, then it must be in the trading post.

Somehow, I don't think this is genuine.

CANON EOS 20D!! Canon 20D, 580ex, 1GB CF, 28-135USM IS, 50/1.8, BG-E2 & MORE! Canon 20D, Canon 580EX Flash, Canon 28-135 USM IS Lens, Canon 50mm/1.8 MK II Lens, BG-E2 Grip, 1GB Lexar 80x CF Card, 1 Extra BP-511 Battery, Canon Pro Series Bag, Omnibounce Flash Diffuser, Lightsphere2 Light Diffuser, & Tiffen Lens Filter. Email for details, call after 23:00 pm PC $1000 (07)39010660 matacameratel@yahoo.com Wynnum
STATE: QLD FIRST PUBLISHED: 29 Aug 2005
SOURCE: Private Classifieds (Personal Trading Post)
Rusty W. Griswald

Postby Glen on Mon Aug 29, 2005 5:44 pm

Note the call after 23.00. I would say it is a fake add to aggravate someone.
http://wolfeyes.com.au Tactical Torches - Tactical Flashlights Police torch rechargeable torch military torch police military HID surefire flashlight LED torch tactical torch rechargeable wolf eyes flashlight surefire torch wolf eyes tactical torchpolice torch
Thank You
Glen

Postby kipper on Mon Aug 29, 2005 5:45 pm

It could be genuine, the goods might not be legal though :wink:

Would want to check serial numbers from any burglaries.
Darryl (aka Kipper)
Nikon D200
kipper

Postby birddog114 on Mon Aug 29, 2005 7:04 pm

He probably want to quickly grab some monies to fund for his divorce bills :lol:
Birddog114
VNAF, My Beloved Country and Airspace
birddog114

Postby LOZ on Mon Aug 29, 2005 7:26 pm

Seems a fair price for a C :lol:
LOZ

Postby rjlhughes on Mon Aug 29, 2005 9:53 pm

actually it seems very cheap, doesn't it Loz?

Isn't that what people are remarking on?
Bob

"It is always the instantaneous reaction to oneself that produces a photograph." Robert Frank

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rjlhughes/
rjlhughes

Postby petal666 on Tue Aug 30, 2005 7:00 am

At least they went to the trouble of taking a photo :) I'm going to send an email just to see how dodgy it is. No doubt he is currently visiting Southern Nigeria and wants the money transferred by Western Union.
Canon 1D III
petal666

Postby Sheetshooter on Tue Aug 30, 2005 7:25 am

I am with Glen on this one,

It is an old rort that I used to play on clients who did not pay their bills. Whack an ad with an amazing proposition in the classifieds with some really annoying element that will have the victim really inconvenienced or aggravated.

"Pedigree Afghan puppies free to a good home ... owner going overseas. First in, best dressed." or "Large garage with plumbing - suit medium size family, $75.00 per week."

Gotta love it!!

Walter

"Photography was not a bastard left by science on the doorstep of art, but a legitimate child of the Western pictorial tradition." - Galassi
Sheetshooter

Postby petal666 on Wed Aug 31, 2005 9:28 am

As per usual with these, it's two weeks old with full warranty but the guy had to leave urgently to Europe and too it with him and I have to pay via Western Union. I can't even be bothered stringing this guy along.

Hello,

The canon is brand new with full international warranty , with all accesories , manuals & reciepts, purchased 2 week ago from Sydney from a friend of mine and handled to me. All accesories that you saw on the picture comes with the camera.
I had to leave urgent in Europe for a research project . I am assistant in Biotechnology (DISCIPLINE OF BIOCHEMISTRY AND MOLECULAR BIOLOGY ).I have to stay here for 2 months. I thought about my ad that i posted in trading-post and i decided to take the camera with me here , so that i can sell it from here couse i have no other way and i do not want to loose my money which i gave to post the ad .I am not a expert and i do not need it. If you are interested we can make the deal . I am willing to pay shipping charges upon Australia.I will explain also how i want to make this deal:

I will send you the camera via Globalexpress Europe and you will receive`it at your door in 4-5 days. I will support all the shipping charges . After I will send the package to you I will email you the tracking number of the package so you can check`it on http://www.globaleuroexpress.net/ .After I will send the package and you will check the tracking number you have to pay me only cash via Western Union becouse it is a fast and secure payment method , but you will pay me only after I will email you the tracking number of the package becouse i want like you to trust me . I put you to pay me after you will receive the tracking number of the package and check`it becouse i need an assurance too.

So if you agree please email me with your full name and address becouse i have to know where I send the camera.

Thank you very much !

Canon 1D III
petal666

Postby kipper on Wed Aug 31, 2005 9:36 am

Have you notified Trading Post of this. I'm sure their fraud section would be onto it quick smart.
Darryl (aka Kipper)
Nikon D200
kipper

Postby NetMagi on Wed Aug 31, 2005 9:50 am

my favorite thing to do in these situations is to upstage their 'reason' for doing the deal via mail, etc.

write them saying something like:

How fortunate! A close friend of mine operates a courier service that services all of Europe. He can arrange to pickup the camera in person and pay you cash. Please advise what dates you will be available and your address. I can't wait to get the camera!
D70, 18-70 DX, Sigma 70-300 APOII, Nikkor 50mm 1.4D, SB800, Bogen 3046 w/Manfrotto 322RC2 ballhead, Lowepro Nova 2 AW
NetMagi

Return to Canon Corral