Pentax *ist DL2

Unless they get too big for themselves, this is where you can talk about the "other" brands of DSLR's: Konica Minolta / Sony, Pentax / Samsung, Olympus, Horseman, etc.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is. Please also check the portal page for more information on this.

Pentax *ist DL2

Postby NikonUser on Thu May 04, 2006 7:04 pm

Hi there,

My dad owns a pentax film camera and a few lenses. He's looking at getting on the digital bandwagon and is looking at the *ist DS2.

Is there anyone on here that has any experience with this camera and can offer their opinion? He wants it mostly for happy snaps and travel photos (definately wants to go with an SLR over P&S)

Paul
http://www.australiandigitalphotography.com

Living in poverty due to my addiction to NIKON... Is there a clinic that can help me?
NikonUser

Postby Big Red on Fri May 05, 2006 10:03 pm

The DS2 is probably the best of the lot followed by the DS then the DL2.
the DS2, DS, DL2, and DL are all pretty much the same [there is a firmware upgrade for the DS to make it the same as the others] except for lcd size.
the DS and DS2 have a pentaprism viewfinder and the DL and DL2 have a slightly inferior pentamirror viewfinder and less focus options.
the DS2 is available over seas but not in aus and if you don't mind the slightly smaller lcd of the DS then they should be fairly well priced.
Big Red

Return to Other