Forum member numbers.

Have your say on issues related to using a DSLR camera.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is.

Forum member numbers.

Postby Raydar on Thu Aug 26, 2004 7:11 am

I've been keeping an eye on the member numbers for the last week or so.
It’s great to see the 40 mark click over, be interesting to see how many of there are at the end of next month :shock:

Thanks again Gary & co for getting all of this going. It’s proving to be a site full of great people with a wealth of knowledge & experiences :wink:

Cheers
Ray :lol:
>> All of us could take a lesson from the weather. It pays no attention to criticism<<
Raydar

Postby gstark on Thu Aug 26, 2004 7:58 am

Ray,

Yes it is, and thanx. I'm more than pleased with its progress thus far, and excited for its future.
g.
Gary Stark
Nikon, Canon, Bronica .... stuff
The people who want English to be the official language of the United States are uncomfortable with their leaders being fluent in it - US Pres. Bartlet
gstark
Site Admin

Postby Glen on Thu Aug 26, 2004 10:23 am

I noticed that too Ray and was also going to congratulate Gary on creating a great site for us aussies.

Those last two members took a while didn't they?
Glen

Postby gstark on Thu Aug 26, 2004 10:50 am

Actually, the absolute member numbers aren't (to me) all that important. First of all, remember that they need to be discounted by 1, because I have two memberships, the second being one that I can use for testing stuff in a non-administrative mode.

But more importantly, I'd rather have 30 or 40 active members - people who are posting good stuff and using this forum as a resource, than 150 who sign on and do nothing.

The most important thing to remember (IMHO) is that while I might provide the facilities, this is your forum, and it will only ever be as valuable as the input that you (all) provide to it.

Having said that, there are some very good contributions that have already been made, and they have helped this forum get off to a great start.

We're having get togethers as well, and I'm expecting that we'll soon be seeing a couple of other benefits that this forum has been able to bring into being.

That's not so bad, is it?
g.
Gary Stark
Nikon, Canon, Bronica .... stuff
The people who want English to be the official language of the United States are uncomfortable with their leaders being fluent in it - US Pres. Bartlet
gstark
Site Admin

Postby W00DY on Thu Aug 26, 2004 11:10 pm

I am really enjoying this forum...

Once I get my image hosting sorted out I can't wait to share my images with you guys and get some valuble feedback about them.

Look forward to the future of this forum :)

W00DY
W00DY

Return to General Discussion