Show us ya camera bag!

Have your say on issues related to using a DSLR camera.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is.

Show us ya camera bag!

Postby Miliux on Sat Aug 28, 2004 8:05 pm

Well here's mine.

D70 is only 4 days old! In fact, everything in that bag except the S50 is 4 days old.
Miliux

Postby Onyx on Sun Aug 29, 2004 12:51 am

My current bag, it's getting too small as I add to my photographic arsenal... still shopping for an all-in-one laptop & SLR system bag.

(PS: How did you embed the image link in your post? It no work for me)
Last edited by Onyx on Tue Aug 31, 2004 12:57 am, edited 3 times in total.
Onyx

Postby Miliux on Sun Aug 29, 2004 11:49 am

Ya type...

[img]the%20link[/img]
Miliux

Postby Raydar on Sun Aug 29, 2004 3:44 pm

Here’s mine

With out the D70 in there “I think you can work out why”
The Manfrotto mono pod is in the black bag hanging on the side.
You may be able to see the space I have made for the SB – 800 to live 8)
The Lowepro is one of the best things I have bought for a wile.

Cheers
Ray :lol:
>> All of us could take a lesson from the weather. It pays no attention to criticism<<
Raydar

Billingham

Postby gstark on Mon Aug 30, 2004 8:53 am

British ...

Onyx, this holds my laptop - widescreen - plus D70 with kit lens affixed, 70-210, 50mm f1.4, SB800, plus there's room for a couple more lenses, plus space for ancilliary stuff, like extra CF cards, my manfrotto tabletop tripod, etc.

g.
Gary Stark
Nikon, Canon, Bronica .... stuff
The people who want English to be the official language of the United States are uncomfortable with their leaders being fluent in it - US Pres. Bartlet
gstark
Site Admin

Postby Onyx on Mon Aug 30, 2004 12:38 pm

Gary, is that an attache "messenger" style type of bag? What's the name/model?

And I still need help linking pics... ;)
Onyx

Postby gstark on Mon Aug 30, 2004 1:15 pm

Onyx

Onyx wrote:Gary, is that an attache "messenger" style type of bag? What's the name/model?

I'm not sure that I understand the first part of your question, but it's a Billingham #445.

Details ...

And I still need help linking pics... ;)

Just enclose the link to the image within a set of img tags. The easiest way is to, as you're writing your message, press the "Img" button (above the edit window) to open the tag, and then enter (or paste) the reference to the link. Finally, press the "Img" button again to close the tags.
g.
Gary Stark
The people who want English to be the official language of the United States are uncomfortable with their leaders being fluent in it - US Pres. Bartlet
gstark
Site Admin

Postby W00DY on Mon Aug 30, 2004 2:25 pm

Onyx wrote:And I still need help linking pics... ;)

gstark wrote:Just enclose the link to the image within a set of img tags. The easiest way is to, as you're writing your message, press the "Img" button (above the edit window) to open the tag, and then enter (or paste) the reference to the link. Finally, press the "Img" button again to close the tags.

The link has to be to the image itself though. for example if I want to display an image which is shown on this page:

http://thefollans.smugmug.com/gallery/205498

I actually have to use the following:

Image (without the spaces, I just did that to show you the link). How I got this link was right clicking on the image and then choosing properties, this shows you the actual link to the image not just the web page.

I was confused also then realised that the link must end with your image name, ex: 7870106-M.jpg

Hope that helps,

W00DY
Andrew
Nikon D3 and lot's of Nikon stuff!!
W00DY

Postby Onyx on Tue Aug 31, 2004 12:55 am

Still no go... I did post a direct link to the image, but it doesn't end with ".jpg".
Onyx

Postby W00DY on Tue Aug 31, 2004 10:46 am

Onyx wrote:Still no go... I did post a direct link to the image, but it doesn't end with ".jpg".

There's your problem, you need to have the .jpg at the end of the link.

Open the page with your image on it and then right click on the image. Select properties. There should be a field titled Address (URL), this is the address to the specific image (not the web page) and this is the address you want to use in your post (surrounded by IMG & /IMG).

Post the link to the website here and I will see if I can get the image posted. Possibly the website is restricting the image being displayed.

Hope this helps.

W00DY
Andrew
W00DY

Postby gstark on Tue Aug 31, 2004 10:51 am

At the very worst, Leigh or I can go in and edit one of Onyx's posts with a failing link and correct it. Then Onyx can revist that post in edit mode and see what we've done.

It's not hard. Especially if I can manage it. :)
g.
Gary Stark
gstark
Site Admin

Postby W00DY on Tue Aug 31, 2004 10:53 am

Onyx,

Have a look here:

http://www.fotopic.net/help/directlinking.php

I think this could be an issue with the site you store your images on. I tried to have a look for the image number on some of your images but could not figure it out. Maybe send an e-mail to fotopic and see if they can advise.

W00DY
Andrew
W00DY

Postby Onyx on Tue Aug 31, 2004 1:49 pm

Thx for all the attempts at helping me post pics. I think I'll just give up...

Anyway, I had a look at the range of Billingham bags at B&H today. They're all very corporate looking - like the opposite of Crumplers. ;) I've noticed a few Lowepro bags that I quite fancy, however the pricetag is quite outrageous. Stealth Reporter 600 and CompuTrekker. Laptop and SLR system capable. It really would be icing on the cake if there was a backpack out there that holds a laptop, SLR system and a camelback-style hydration packs.
Onyx

Return to General Discussion