Photo app

Have your say on issues related to using a DSLR camera.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is.

Photo app

Postby the dane on Fri Dec 09, 2016 9:31 am

Hi guys I decided not to take the laptop away this coming trip. So will be doing our daily holiday facebook photos on the tab! Looking for a app that allows photos with music. I like gopro quick but in zooms in on every photo. Also flipagram is okish. Both give the options of square portrait landscape, landscape scenes to crop half a head. Portrait sometimes compresses the photo upwards. Square is good but half of screen. What do you guys use thanks?
Also is there a photo video editing software I can buy that is not a yearly update just a once off?
Thanks
Ps pick my 35mm 1.8 up tonight

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
the dane

Re: Photo app

Postby Matt. K on Fri Dec 09, 2016 4:52 pm

Not sure if the below will work, but give it a try...otherwise, Rawtherapee is a standout and it is free. I saw a demonstration of this software and was mighty impressed. http://rawtherapee.com/

Photoshop
Now, wait, you might say: Photoshop is not free. But what you may not know is that you can download a perfectly good copy of an older version of the software, CS2, from Adobe without paying a dime. This became available right after Adobe made its software subscription-based, but most people still don't know about it.
So how do you get a free copy of Photoshop? Go to Adobe.com and sign up for an Adobe ID. Then log in to the site, accept the terms and conditions (that basically says that Adobe doesn't recommend that you download an older and unsupported version of the software) and choose the language you wish to download Photoshop in.
Even better? Adobe offers the entire CS2 suite for free, including Illustrator, After Effects, InDesign and more.
- See more at: http://www.techtimes.com/articles/43351 ... QaoRN.dpuf
Regards

Matt. K
Matt. K
Former Outstanding Member Of The Year and KM

Postby the dane on Fri Dec 09, 2016 5:09 pm

Cheees matt

the dane

Postby gstark on Sat Dec 10, 2016 2:21 pm

Just because it's old doesn't mean it's not good.

Just look at me. :biglaugh:

No, wait.

Thanks, Matt. Great suggestion.
g.
Gary Stark
Nikon, Canon, Bronica .... stuff
The people who want English to be the official language of the United States are uncomfortable with their leaders being fluent in it - US Pres. Bartlet
gstark
Site Admin

Postby Matt. K on Sat Dec 10, 2016 3:33 pm

Gary
Are you the little fellow with the yellow laughing face? Not looking too bad!
:mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Regards

Matt. K
Matt. K
Former Outstanding Member Of The Year and KM

Postby the dane on Mon Dec 12, 2016 12:04 pm

Can i leave the hood on the lens (backwards) and stil use the lens? Or in my best to put the hood in the bag

the dane

Postby gstark on Tue Dec 13, 2016 6:54 am

the dane wrote:Can i leave the hood on the lens (backwards) and stil use the lens?

Yes, as long as it's not blocking any controls on the lens. On a 35mm prime, that would be unlikely.

But its intended use is to block out extraneous light from hitting the lens elements at odd angles, causing unwanted artifacts in your image. A lens like a 35 is perhaps a tad susceptible to this. If you have the hood with you, I would use it.
g.
Gary Stark
Nikon, Canon, Bronica .... stuff
The people who want English to be the official language of the United States are uncomfortable with their leaders being fluent in it - US Pres. Bartlet
gstark
Site Admin

Postby biggerry on Tue Dec 13, 2016 8:53 am

gstark wrote:If you have the hood with you, I would use it.

as I see it, there is only one reason not to use the hood and that is if your are using a filter holder and filters on the front... the filter hood does a great job keeping out stray light but also great for protecting the front element and to be honest that the main reason why I always leave them on.
gerry's photography journey
No amount of processing will fix bad composition - trust me i have tried.
biggerry

Return to General Discussion