Viewing requirements for this site

Have your say on issues related to using a DSLR camera.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is.

Viewing requirements for this site

Postby Glen on Thu Sep 01, 2005 9:51 pm

I would like to be so bold as to suggest that all who view or post on this site do so with their sense of humour intact and a sense of levity.

This site is a great place for camaradarie, learning, receiving criticism and praise (hopefully in equal measure), lusting after equipment, etc. It is not for making attacks on other people or their beliefs.

Many posts made here have a humurous element to them and hopefully the reader can appreciate that. Few of us here make a living with a camera and the ones which do seem to have a great sense of humour, so for the rest of us it is an interest or hobby, maybe not worth getting as upset as some have become recently.

Of all the posts and images I have seen here, not one will cure cancer, bring people back from the dead or bring about world peace. That being the case, let us just all enjoy the amusement to be found here. :wink:
http://wolfeyes.com.au Tactical Torches - Tactical Flashlights Police torch rechargeable torch military torch police military HID surefire flashlight LED torch tactical torch rechargeable wolf eyes flashlight surefire torch wolf eyes tactical torchpolice torch
Thank You
Glen

Postby TonyH on Thu Sep 01, 2005 10:00 pm

I'm unsure of the specific cases you are refering to, but the thing I applaud about this site is that it is primarily Aussies in here with an Aussie sense of humour and ability to assist others whilst maintaining humility and a distinct lack of arrogance.

A heated discussion may sometimes occur in any area or endeavour of life but the Australian way is to keep it all in perspective...... that's why people come from all over the world to live here.... not just the beaches and the weather, but the manner in which we do things.....

Tony now steps down from the soap box :oops:
TonyH

Postby Glen on Thu Sep 01, 2005 10:02 pm

Spot on Tony, we are not curing cancer here, just shooting the breeze about the latest camera or pic :wink:
http://wolfeyes.com.au Tactical Torches - Tactical Flashlights Police torch rechargeable torch military torch police military HID surefire flashlight LED torch tactical torch rechargeable wolf eyes flashlight surefire torch wolf eyes tactical torchpolice torch
Thank You
Glen

Postby gstark on Thu Sep 01, 2005 10:03 pm

Thanx, Glen.

With slight modifications, this is now a part of the FAQ.
g.
Gary Stark
Nikon, Canon, Bronica .... stuff
The people who want English to be the official language of the United States are uncomfortable with their leaders being fluent in it - US Pres. Bartlet
gstark
Site Admin

Postby Greg B on Fri Sep 02, 2005 10:30 am

Glen, I think you should explain exactly what you are getting at by that remark.

Ha ha ha, ho ho ho, only joking. Woohoo.

Fun, Yes!!

Fawlty Towers - inexact quote due to fading memory

Basil "Remember how we used to laugh Sybill?"
Sybill "Yes, but not at the same time Basil"
Greg - - - - D200 etc

Talent hits a target no one else can hit; Genius hits a target no one else can see.
- Arthur Schopenhauer
Greg B

Postby Onyx on Fri Sep 02, 2005 11:28 am

I don't know... perhaps those whom insist their post(s) are humourous and the recipient misses this, should step back a bit and point out 'teh funnah' before offense is made and further rubbing it in by other posts saying "you missed it completely" "lighten up" or words to that effect.

Kindness goes a long way. Close-headedness due to assuming everyone has the same sense of humour or are on the same/similar tracks of thought as one's self are what starts world wars.
Onyx

Postby tasadam on Mon Sep 05, 2005 11:04 am

Here here.

I am also a member at another forum about one of my other hobbies and quite frankly the bitchyness that goes on there... with the occasional troll that can't say anything nice and doesn't know what he/she is talking about with their opinionated ideas on things they don't even own... and the occasional thread getting closed by the admin people... Why do I bother. Don't let that creep in here!

I love this forum. It is a wealth of information from people who have a sound and increasing knowledge about all sorts of things related to most if not all elements of photography, and their willingness to share this information on - we all learn something.

Smile like a camera is pointed at you! :D
Share what you know, learn what you don't.
Wilderness Photography of Tasmania http://www.tasmaniart.com.au
tasadam

Postby darb on Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:17 pm

Onyx wrote:
Kindness goes a long way. Close-headedness due to assuming everyone has the same sense of humour or are on the same/similar tracks of thought as one's self are what starts world wars.

touche.
http://davidsonimagery.com/
Right place, right time, where the hecks my camera ...
darb

Postby Killakoala on Wed Feb 01, 2006 7:38 pm

Laugh and the whole world laughs with you, snore and you sleep alone.

:)
Steve.
|D700| D2H | F5 | 70-200VR | 85 1.4 | 50 1.4 | 28-70 | 10.5 | 12-24 | SB800 |
Website-> http://www.stevekilburn.com
Leeds United for promotion in 2014 - Hurrah!!!
Killakoala

Postby Matt. K on Wed Feb 01, 2006 9:33 pm

Steve
Snore......and the sniper gets you. :D :D :D :D :D
Regards

Matt. K
Matt. K
Former Outstanding Member Of The Year and KM

Postby Zeeke on Wed Feb 01, 2006 9:44 pm

Snore.. and i feel a challenge coming on.... you want to sleep atleast 15 meters away from me when camping.. :shock: :D

All the posts here i read with good humour attached.. and every post i make is with humour included.. i seriously cant see a bad word about any post.. and even if you shit all over my pics.. and explain why you dont like them, then that is fair enough.. it helps improve my pictures and possibly others..

and now for a Joke...

What do you call a Kiwi who marries an aboriginal???

A Social Climber :D :lol:

Tim
D70 - D200/MBD200 Coming soon - Too Much Gear, Not Enough Talent

My Site: http://www.digitalstill.net
My Fishing Site: http://www.fishseq.com
Zeeke

Postby Dug on Fri Mar 10, 2006 5:09 pm

I personally deny any sense of humour at all.

I feel we should only be serious in our continued efforts to convince people who do not agree with us.

Bring back the spanish inquisition I say!

Nay, flogging and burning is too good for them

make them repent of their sins and take up gardening or some other hobby .

Oops sorry that just slipped out :shock: Just joking really :D :D

cheers doug :D :D
Dug

Re: Viewing requirements for this site

Postby thelittlepicture on Tue Aug 05, 2008 8:12 am

Theres no point becoming overly PC, it just means you loose your sense of humor!
thelittlepicture

Return to General Discussion