My Galleries: The Hague , Munich, Salzburg & Vienna

This section is for members who wish to post notifications of updates to their personal galleries. Please note that as the initial you may <b>only</b> include a link to your gallery - you may not, and you must not, include any images. That is where the fun begins: other members may then click on your link, and if they particularly like an image from your gallery, then <b>they</b> may post the link to your image, from your gallery, along with reasons as to why they like the image. <i>Image critiquing is NOT permitted in this section, and images posted within this section are not considered for PotW. Posts made in this section will be excluded from the "Recent Posts" section on the front page, which means that you will need to actively seek posts here. This section will also prune itself, with stale topics being removed 14 days after the most recent post being made.<i>

Moderator: Moderators

My Galleries: The Hague , Munich, Salzburg & Vienna

Postby Miliux on Wed Sep 05, 2007 4:52 am

Firstly, i want to say that it was a welcoming challenge in trying to take photos in different environment from low light to landscaping, portraiture, etc. It gave me a lot of thought on my upcoming lens purchase and which ones i needed most.

Secondly, i also had to balance out of what the general audience wants to see (i.e. happy snaps) and what i want to show them (artistic, abstract art). Keep that in mind while viewing as some photos are not well cropped.

24th August - The Hague, Netherlands
25th August - ICE International. From Amsterdam to Munich via Meinhamm
26th August - Munich: Residenz Museum & Bell Tower. Then, BMW Museum, Olympic Park.
27th August - Munich: Hitler Walk Tour & Allianz Arena Tour
28th August - Munich: Dachau Concentration Camp, Deutsche Museum. Departure to Salzburg at 6;46PM
29th August - Salzburg: Travel to Salt Mine Tour, Fortress, Augustine Beer Hall
30th August - Salzburg to Vienna @ approx 2:00PM. Fancy Japanese restaurant @ Vienna
31st August - Vienna: Equesos Museum @ HeldenPlatz, Museum Quarters
1st September - Vienna: Opera @ Shonbrunne Palace. More Palaces….Klimpt Museum
2nd September - Vienna to Amsterdam
3rd September - Uni (finally) commences…

The Hague

Munich [In General]

Hitler Walk Tour

Allianz Arena

Dachau Concentration Camp

Salzburg

Vienna

If you can, i really appreciate your feedback on any photos.

Cheers
Canon 30D | Canon EF 24-105 f/4L IS | Canon 24mm f/1.4L | Canon Speedlite 430EX | Canon Powershot G9
gallery.miliux.com
Miliux

Postby michael_ on Wed Sep 05, 2007 9:25 am

nice one, great photos, where you on a guided tour? or just on your own? the allianz stadium looked awesome, i would be very happy with those shots, i cant wait to start travelling again.

how was dachau for you? i remember going there i think with my parents, i went to another on my contiki tour which was even more moving but i cant remember the name, but i do remember that you could almost feel what had happened.
michael_

Postby Miliux on Wed Sep 05, 2007 9:08 pm

Many photos are from guided tours.

As for dachau, i didn't have a guided tours. However, most signs are in English and there is a audio guide in which you listen to. At the beginning of the tour, everyone watched a really horrible documentary about the atrosities in Dachau. Many people were left crying and some had to put their sunglasses to hide it.
Canon 30D | Canon EF 24-105 f/4L IS | Canon 24mm f/1.4L | Canon Speedlite 430EX | Canon Powershot G9
gallery.miliux.com
Miliux

Return to Gallery Updates