National Sorry Address - Federation Square, Melbourne

This section is for members who wish to post notifications of updates to their personal galleries. Please note that as the initial you may <b>only</b> include a link to your gallery - you may not, and you must not, include any images. That is where the fun begins: other members may then click on your link, and if they particularly like an image from your gallery, then <b>they</b> may post the link to your image, from your gallery, along with reasons as to why they like the image. <i>Image critiquing is NOT permitted in this section, and images posted within this section are not considered for PotW. Posts made in this section will be excluded from the "Recent Posts" section on the front page, which means that you will need to actively seek posts here. This section will also prune itself, with stale topics being removed 14 days after the most recent post being made.<i>

Moderator: Moderators

National Sorry Address - Federation Square, Melbourne

Postby PiroStitch on Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:51 am

The following photos were captured at Federation Square in Melbourne during the PM's speech this morning.

Broadcast from Fed Square
Hassy, Leica, Nikon, iPhone
Come follow the rabbit hole...
PiroStitch

Re: National Sorry Address - Federation Square, Melbourne

Postby Oneputt on Wed Feb 13, 2008 12:07 pm

Wayne one thing in particular stood out in those images. There was hardly an aboriginal person to be seen. I am guessing that Melbourne does not have a very large indigenous population?
"The good thing about meditation is that it makes doing nothing respectable"

D3 - http://www.oneputtphotographics.com
Oneputt

Postby PiroStitch on Wed Feb 13, 2008 12:28 pm

There were a lot of people there this morning and there were a few aborigines around, but not many. As to the ratio between indigenous and non-indigenous citizens in Melbourne but I'm not sure. AFAIK there aren't that many.
PiroStitch

Postby moz on Thu Feb 14, 2008 8:32 am

There's gotta be a few, when I was down with the Tent Embassy we kept running into local locals. Maybe they're unlike the rest of Melbun and aren't that politically active?

On the other hand, the Martin Place (Sydney) TV watching crowd was very white. But if you went up the Redfern it was the other way round...
http://www.moz.net.nz
have bicycle, will go to Critical Mass
moz

Postby gstark on Thu Feb 14, 2008 9:06 am

Don't overlook the fact that a large number of them went to Canberra for this event. Perhaps that had an effect upon the numbers remaining in the capital cities?

Getting back on topic, great images, thanx for sharing.
g.
Gary Stark
Nikon, Canon, Bronica .... stuff
The people who want English to be the official language of the United States are uncomfortable with their leaders being fluent in it - US Pres. Bartlet
gstark
Site Admin

Postby PiroStitch on Thu Feb 14, 2008 12:17 pm

Thanks Moz and Gary.
PiroStitch

Return to Gallery Updates