I think I'm getting the hang of the D300 in the housing...

This section is for members who wish to post notifications of updates to their personal galleries. Please note that as the initial you may <b>only</b> include a link to your gallery - you may not, and you must not, include any images. That is where the fun begins: other members may then click on your link, and if they particularly like an image from your gallery, then <b>they</b> may post the link to your image, from your gallery, along with reasons as to why they like the image. <i>Image critiquing is NOT permitted in this section, and images posted within this section are not considered for PotW. Posts made in this section will be excluded from the "Recent Posts" section on the front page, which means that you will need to actively seek posts here. This section will also prune itself, with stale topics being removed 14 days after the most recent post being made.<i>

Moderator: Moderators

I think I'm getting the hang of the D300 in the housing...

Postby ATJ on Sun Mar 23, 2008 8:52 am

... and Lightroom, too.

Here are some shots from a recent dive: Dive at Oak Park, Cronulla, NSW on 16/03/2008

These were all processed in Lightroom and I used some automation that would make Stubbsy proud.

I found a bug in Lightroom and am submitting a report.
ATJ

Re: I think I'm getting the hang of the D300 in the housing...

Postby MCWB on Sun Mar 23, 2008 9:59 am

Amazing Andrew, love the graph of depth vs time too! :D

These two are my favourites:

MCWB

Postby Glen on Sun Mar 23, 2008 11:17 am

I think you have the hang of it Andrew :lol: :lol: :lol: very impressive
http://wolfeyes.com.au Tactical Torches - Tactical Flashlights Police torch rechargeable torch military torch police military HID surefire flashlight LED torch tactical torch rechargeable wolf eyes flashlight surefire torch wolf eyes tactical torchpolice torch
Thank You
Glen

Postby marcotrov on Sun Mar 23, 2008 11:59 am

Great work Andrew :)
Concerning Lightroom there sure is a bug. They (adobe) have taken LR 1.4 down. Here's a link Just spent 20mins sorting out my computers uninstalling 1.4 and reinstalling 1.3.1 :)
http://www.lightroomkillertips.com/
Might need to scroll down a bit. By the way this Killer tip site has really good Lightroom presets and ideas. Enjoy if you already haven't. :)
cheers
marco
marcotrov

Postby sirhc55 on Sun Mar 23, 2008 12:23 pm

But one word - wow! :D
Chris
--------------------------------
I started my life with nothing and I’ve still got most of it left
sirhc55
Key Member

Postby byrt_001 on Sun Mar 23, 2008 3:35 pm

wow amazing!
check my website>> http://www.6701.sunpixs.com
byrt_001

Postby chrisk on Sun Mar 23, 2008 5:26 pm

beautiful work andrew.
EM1 l 7.5 l 12-40 l 14 l 17 l 25 l 45 l 60 l 75 l AW1 l V3
chrisk

Postby ATJ on Sun Mar 23, 2008 6:31 pm

Thanks for the comments. I was a little disappointed after the first dive, but after two more dives I'm feeling a lot better and think I'm getting better shots than with the D70.

marcotrov wrote:Concerning Lightroom there sure is a bug. They (adobe) have taken LR 1.4 down. Here's a link Just spent 20mins sorting out my computers uninstalling 1.4 and reinstalling 1.3.1 :)

This is a bug in 1.3.1 and how it handles duplicates when doing batch exports. It appears it decides what the output files are first and then when it finds duplicates it changes the file names but does a very poor job.

I set "Copy Name" to the name of the output filename I want. I use a system where the file name is made up of the ID of the subject plus the location and the last 2 digits of the year. For example, if I took a photograph of Plesiastrea versipora at Camp Cove in 2008, the file name would be P_versipora_Camp08.jpg for the first image. If I have more then one image of that subject from the same location in the same year, the subsequent files have a sequence number appended. e.g. P_versipora_Camp08-2.jpg. This is a convention I have used for a number of years before I started using Lightroom.

If I already have a file called P_versipora_Camp08.jpg and export another image with the copy name P_versipora_Camp08, Lightroom tells me it is a duplicate and asks me what I want to do, if I choose "Use Unique Names", it creates P_versipora_Camp08-2.jpg, which is exactly what I want. The third export with that copy name would be P_versipora_Camp08-3.jpg and so on.

The bug shows up if I export a batch of files with the same copy name. In my case, I already had P_versipora_Camp08.jpg and I was exporting a batch that had three images with the copy name of P_versipora_Camp08. For the first one in the batch, it correctly renames it to P_versipora_Camp08-2.jpg, but the second one in the batch keeps the name P_versipora_Camp08-2.jpg, too, and overwrites the first one. The third one is P_versipora_Camp08-3.jpg. This means I end up with only 3 images in total (P_versipora_Camp08.jpg, P_versipora_Camp08-2.jpg and P_versipora_Camp08-3.jpg) when I should have had four (P_versipora_Camp08.jpg, P_versipora_Camp08-2.jpg, P_versipora_Camp08-3.jpg and P_versipora_Camp08-4.jpg).

It gets even worse if I export another 3 in another batch (or the same 3 just to test). I end up with P_versipora_Camp08-4.jpg, P_versipora_Camp08-2-2.jpg and P_versipora_Camp08-3-2.jpg.
ATJ

Postby Killakoala on Sun Mar 23, 2008 10:26 pm

Wow, such superb detail.
Steve.
|D700| D2H | F5 | 70-200VR | 85 1.4 | 50 1.4 | 28-70 | 10.5 | 12-24 | SB800 |
Website-> http://www.stevekilburn.com
Leeds United for promotion in 2014 - Hurrah!!!
Killakoala

Postby stubbsy on Mon Mar 24, 2008 12:49 pm

Superb Andrew

The clarity of these is amazing compared to others I've seen from you. Good to see you're getting the hang of LR too.

Apart from the two Trent has already mentioned above I thought this one of the sea anenome was pretty damn fine too:

Peter
Disclaimer: I know nothing about anything.
*** smugmug galleries: http://www.stubbsy.smugmug.com ***
stubbsy

Postby colin_12 on Mon Mar 24, 2008 5:54 pm

These are great as always Andrew. I always like your dive shots. It is good to see you are adapting to the d300.
Regards Colin
Regards Colin
Cameras, lenses and a lust for life
colin_12

Postby Willy wombat on Tue Mar 25, 2008 12:50 pm

Noice - reminds me to get some images up from my weekend dive.

You got plenty of nudibranchs!

Are you using manual or TTL flash/strobe settings?
Steve (Nikon D200/D700)
My photography website http://wwphoto.redbubble.com/
My photo blog http://www.redbubble.com/people/wwphoto
Please feel free to offer any constructive criticism on my works
Willy wombat

Postby ATJ on Tue Mar 25, 2008 1:40 pm

Willy wombat wrote:You got plenty of nudibranchs!

There were more that I photographed but didn't include in my processed shots. There were even more that I didn't photograph. They were a hell of a lot of them,

Willy wombat wrote:Are you using manual or TTL flash/strobe settings?

TTL
ATJ

Return to Gallery Updates