Not a Nikon...and not the first image either

With everyone getting new bodies, I think that separate section for you to proudly display your first image from your new acquisition is in order.

This applies to brand new bodies, as well as bodies that are simply newly acquired by you.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Images posted here should conform with the general forum guidelines. Image sizes should not exceed 800 pixels along the largest side (height or width) and no more than four images per post.

Please also ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is.

Not a Nikon...and not the first image either

Postby PiroStitch on Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:07 pm

The first image was a rather dull test shot, not to say this one is any better (25th).

I'm heading over to Europe shortly for work, so decided to spoil myself and took the punt on the M9. Attached is a 50mm f2 Summarit. On first impression, it required some re-adjustment on my behalf as it's been awhile since I touched a rangefinder. It's a light camera, but built like a tank.

Can't wait to take this puppy out for a better go!
Hassy, Leica, Nikon, iPhone
Come follow the rabbit hole...
PiroStitch

Re: Not a Nikon...and not the first image either

Postby aim54x on Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:28 pm

You will enjoy that M9...just hope that it doesnt need a surprise extended visit to Germany (without you).

I cant wait to see your images...can I ask...why a 50 and not the traditional Leica 35?
Cameron
Nikon F/Nikon 1 | Hasselblad V/XPAN| Leica M/LTM |Sony α/FE/E/Maxxum/M42
Wishlist Nikkor 24/85 f/1.4| Fuji Natura Black
Scout-Images | Flickr | 365Project
aim54x

Postby Matt. K on Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:36 pm

eagerly awaiting your review and some pics from what should be a beautiful camera.
Regards

Matt. K
Matt. K
Former Outstanding Member Of The Year and KM

Postby PiroStitch on Sun Jan 16, 2011 1:03 am

I'm more used to shooting with a 50, having said that I needed a lens tie me over until I make my way overseas then I'll look at getting a 35 and potentially another 50.

Matt - I've taken it for a whirl this afternoon and will post more pics soon. All I can say is that it's an absolute delight not having to carry a large camera. Next aim is to take this around and do some documentary style photos that I love.
PiroStitch

Postby zafra52 on Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:02 pm

It looks a fabulous camera, and for that
price... it should be.
zafra52

Postby PiroStitch on Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:47 pm

I've been using the camera for about 2 weeks now and what can I say. I'm just flabbergasted by the images that come out of this camera and the lens (of course). Everything about it is just incredibly smooth and easy to use...there was a bit of a learning curve using the focussing window.

I'm loving the ability to shoot wide open without a care in the world or taking documentary shots as I usually love doing. Wow...that's a lotta love in one sentence :mrgreen:

Reason and logic just doesn't need to be taken into account when making this sort of purchase. It was there, I've been wanting one for a while and the bug really bit!

Does it take better pictures than the Nikon? Yes and no. Has it made me a better photographer? Maybe. Has it made me love photography and feel compelled to document everything? Hell yes! Is it for everyone? It's a personal choice :)
PiroStitch

Postby gstark on Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:41 am

PiroStitch wrote:Reason and logic just doesn't need to be taken into account when making this sort of purchase. It was there, I've been wanting one for a while and the bug really bit!

Of course it doesn't.

Are you satisfied with it? Surely, that is the most important question.
g.
Gary Stark
Nikon, Canon, Bronica .... stuff
The people who want English to be the official language of the United States are uncomfortable with their leaders being fluent in it - US Pres. Bartlet
gstark
Site Admin

Postby PiroStitch on Sat Feb 05, 2011 4:41 am

Indeed I am Gary! Loving it to bits. Going to look at acquiring some 2nd hand lenses while I'm here in Europe :) Have to make the most of it somehow :D
PiroStitch

Return to First Image