35mm slide storage boxes

Forum rules and nettiquette, along with other items of general interest.

Important information about this forum is contained here, and members MUST familiarise themselves with the posts here, as well as what is contained within the FAQ.

Please do not complain if you ask a question regarding a topic covered here or in the FAQ and in response you get a rather brusque, obtuse or sarcastic response. We get sick and tired of answering the same questions, day in, day out, when the answers are clearly published, in plain view, and all that is required is for you to open your eyes and read them!

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is.

35mm slide storage boxes

Postby photograham on Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:11 pm

I am searching for storage boxes for 35mm slides. I have several, all full of course, with latter slide storage being in archival plastic sleeves. I now have a new slide/film scanner, and after scanning slides, want to store them into (wooden) slide storage boxes.
Does anyone know where I can purchase these? Web searches cannot find any.

HELP me please!!
photograham

Re: 35mm slide storage boxes

Postby gstark on Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:04 pm

Local hock shop perhaps?
g.
Gary Stark
Nikon, Canon, Bronica .... stuff
The people who want English to be the official language of the United States are uncomfortable with their leaders being fluent in it - US Pres. Bartlet
gstark
Site Admin

Re: 35mm slide storage boxes

Postby ATJ on Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:12 pm

Wouldn't wood be a source of (or at the very least allow) moisture?

I have been storing my slides in Print File Archival Preservers in a filing cabinet for over 20 years and they are all still in good condition. Before that I used boxes and they got mold.

Check out Print File as they have boxes, too.
ATJ

Return to Information