DIY Light Tents

Those nice to know things about your DSLR will be found here. How to do this, and why you probably should not do that.

Moderators: Greg B, Nnnnsic, Geoff, Glen, gstark, Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is. Please also check the portal page for more information on this.

DIY Light Tents

Postby SoCal Steve on Mon Apr 18, 2005 7:15 am

Looking for info on Light Tents I stumbled on this link about ways you can "do-it-yourself" making your own tents for small items with stuff you've already got around the house; pillowcases, bedsheets, etc.

It may do until you get around to buying the real stuff. This links to some other decent articles too.

http://www.creativepro.com/story/feature/19002.html
Last edited by SoCal Steve on Mon Apr 18, 2005 7:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hard work pays off in the future. Laziness pays off now.
SoCal Steve

Postby gstark on Mon Apr 18, 2005 7:47 am

Steve,

Samy's carry light tents as a normal stock item. Also, if you search Amazon, you can buy one for around $50, which is what I did prior to my trip last Christmas.
g.
Gary Stark
Nikon, Canon, Bronica .... stuff
The people who want English to be the official language of the United States are uncomfortable with their leaders being fluent in it - US Pres. Bartlet
gstark
Site Admin

Postby SoCal Steve on Mon Apr 18, 2005 7:52 am

gstark wrote:Steve,
Samy's carry light tents as a normal stock item. Also, if you search Amazon, you can buy one for around $50, which is what I did prior to my trip last Christmas.

Thanks for the tip, Gary. I'm a regular customer at Samy's in Los Angeles these days but hadn't checked on Tents yet

Regards, Steve :D
Hard work pays off in the future. Laziness pays off now.
SoCal Steve

Postby gstark on Mon Apr 18, 2005 8:29 am

Steve,

I saw some in the OC store in January ...
g.
Gary Stark
Nikon, Canon, Bronica .... stuff
The people who want English to be the official language of the United States are uncomfortable with their leaders being fluent in it - US Pres. Bartlet
gstark
Site Admin

Return to Tips and tricks