Another Great Book

Those nice to know things about your DSLR will be found here. How to do this, and why you probably should not do that.

Moderators: Greg B, Nnnnsic, Geoff, Glen, gstark, Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is. Please also check the portal page for more information on this.

Another Great Book

Postby SoCal Steve on Fri Jun 10, 2005 10:26 am

I've found another great Photoshop book for intermediate users. It's called "How to Cheat at Photoshop (CS)" by Steve Caplin published by Focal Press/Elsevier which has offices around the world including Sydney.

Excellent 2 page lessons teach you how to use Quick Mask modes, Pen Tool, Blending Modes, Replace Color, Match Color and about 200 more, including some you didn't know where even there and lots of very advanced techniques like creating realistic blood and gore effects.

There is a gem of information on every page and a CD with Quicktime tutorials, too. It's 310 pages. I paid US$35 at Fry's Electronics.
Hard work pays off in the future. Laziness pays off now.
SoCal Steve

Postby stubbsy on Sun Jun 12, 2005 9:28 pm

Steve

As the king of PS books :lol: maybe you could put together a short list of recommended reading for newbies through to pros. Sure beats processing wedding pics :wink:
Peter
Disclaimer: I know nothing about anything.
*** smugmug galleries: http://www.stubbsy.smugmug.com ***
stubbsy

Postby sirhc55 on Sun Jun 12, 2005 9:30 pm

Steve - I checked out Hotline books here in Aus and it is not stocked (as yet) so will check Amazon - they are cheaper than here anyway :lol:
Chris
--------------------------------
I started my life with nothing and I’ve still got most of it left
sirhc55
Key Member

Return to Tips and tricks