Fluff Bunnies

Those nice to know things about your DSLR will be found here. How to do this, and why you probably should not do that.

Moderators: Greg B, Nnnnsic, Geoff, Glen, gstark, Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is. Please also check the portal page for more information on this.

Fluff Bunnies

Postby Dougie on Sat Jul 16, 2005 10:48 am

wow my second post and already asking for help!!!!
Need help.
Due to work commitments my D70 has been on the shelf for about a month. Last night I was gettting my gear ready to go to a social touch football competition and take a few shots when I notice a little dot on a test shot. Took a couple of shots of the ceiling and it appears I have a dust bunny lurking around in my camera just waiting to pounce. Is there anyone in the CQ area that could lend me some cleaning equipment until the gear I have ordered arrives.
Please help
Doug
:cry:
Dougie

Postby fozzie on Sat Jul 16, 2005 2:49 pm

Doug,

If only I lived closer, would have been happy to assist. BTW: What cleaning stuff did you order :?:
fozzie

When people ask what equipment I use - I tell them my eyes.
fozzie
Key Member

Postby Glen on Sat Jul 16, 2005 4:59 pm

Doug, try an air blower ( a bulb like one), nowhere near as good as fluid but often is succesful. Not sure if anyone is nearby, I probably would have noticed as I have a property in Gladstone so the name would have rung a bell.

Do not use a can of air, the propellant can wreck the sensor etc.

If all else fails use the clone tool in PS after the event :wink:
http://wolfeyes.com.au Tactical Torches - Tactical Flashlights Police torch rechargeable torch military torch police military HID surefire flashlight LED torch tactical torch rechargeable wolf eyes flashlight surefire torch wolf eyes tactical torchpolice torch
Thank You
Glen

Postby birddog114 on Sat Jul 16, 2005 5:58 pm

Perhaps couple members in the area can help you out. I know we have some members around or nearby your location.
Birddog114
VNAF, My Beloved Country and Airspace
birddog114

Postby MATT on Sat Jul 16, 2005 7:25 pm

Dougy,

Iwas in Gladstone Last week for Rugby, If only you were a week earlier.

Not sure of camera shops in gladstone, but I am ssure a trip to hardly normal wood get you a blower.

MATT
MATT

Postby Dougie on Sat Jul 16, 2005 10:47 pm

What I have ordered is the cleanskies sensor cleaning brushes and Sensor swaba and pec pads.
I already have a good rocket air blower and it refuses to move the litlle bugger. Was considering getting a can of CO2 but this place on a Saturday is useless for shopping for that kind of stuff. Will have to rely on photoshop for the time being.
Thanks everybody for there help
Doug.
ps If you are ever coming this way drop me a line and we will catch up.
Dougie

Return to Tips and tricks