For Woody

This section contains links that may be of interest to DSLR owners. Things like software, or firmware updates, will be found here.

Moderators: Greg B, Nnnnsic, Geoff, Glen, gstark, Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is. Please also check the portal page for more information on this.

For Woody

Postby birddog114 on Wed Aug 25, 2004 12:05 pm

Birddog114
VNAF, My Beloved Country and Airspace
birddog114

Postby W00DY on Wed Aug 25, 2004 12:21 pm

Wow, my own little thread :)

Birddog, did you post this in regards to my question about web site sharing?

I have actually done some webdesign (redesigned my companies intranet) but problem is I use Cold Fusion for everything (well have done in the past) and using CF makes hosting a site very expensive.

I guess I could learn ASP or .NET, but who has the time for that when you have a D70 in your bag :)

W00DY
W00DY

Postby birddog114 on Wed Aug 25, 2004 12:24 pm

Woody,
Just think of you, once I saw something that may help
Birddog114
VNAF, My Beloved Country and Airspace
birddog114

Postby W00DY on Wed Aug 25, 2004 1:05 pm

Birddog114 wrote:Woody,
Just think of you, once I saw something that may help

Thanks mate I Appreciate it...

Did you see my reply in the borders thread??? posted a link to an example. If you have any tips on how to do borders like that I would be very grateful.

Cheers,

W00DY
W00DY

Postby gstark on Wed Aug 25, 2004 1:43 pm

Woody,

W00DY wrote:Wow, my own little thread :)

I guess I could learn ASP or .NET, but who has the time for that when you have a D70 in your bag :)

Do you have access to some webspace that runs PHP ? ASP/.NET are great, but basically demand the MS/IIS be the underlying webserver.

Many sites run Linux, which precludes ASP/.NET as a viable platform, whereas PHO is dead easy to learn - you can be productive within an hour or so of first seeing some code - and it's server agnostic.

These forums are running under PHP, and there's a few different photosites out there that are also running under PHP. I've found Singapore to be very easy to implement and maintain.

This sort of solution is ideal for those who have a DSL connection, and are prepared to keep a pc on all the time. Domain names are cheap, but if you have a static IP (ISPs Swiftel or Exetel provide one as a matter of course) then that's basically all you need.
g.
Gary Stark
Nikon, Canon, Bronica .... stuff
The people who want English to be the official language of the United States are uncomfortable with their leaders being fluent in it - US Pres. Bartlet
gstark
Site Admin

Postby Raydar on Wed Aug 25, 2004 6:36 pm

Mate you've had a big day!!!!!!

First you & your wife had a little girl & now you have your own thread GO GO !!!!!!! :wink:

That developing webs site is an awesome site I have learnt heaps from that site 8)

Cheers
Ray :lol:
>> All of us could take a lesson from the weather. It pays no attention to criticism<<
Raydar

Return to Important links