Introducing the "rasterbator"

This section contains links that may be of interest to DSLR owners. Things like software, or firmware updates, will be found here.

Moderators: Greg B, Nnnnsic, Geoff, Glen, gstark, Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is. Please also check the portal page for more information on this.

Introducing the "rasterbator"

Postby rokkstar on Thu Aug 25, 2005 5:56 pm

I don't know if this is being posted in the right place, feel free to move it, but I remembered an old link I had and thought I'd share.

basically what you do is upload a picture into the "rasterbator" and it creates a huge, rasterized image from any picture. The rasterized image can be printed and assembled into extremely cool looking posters up to 20 meters in size. I did this years ago.....had a picture of my eyes blown up to 3 metres by 1.5 metres. You have to print out each individual A4 sheet from a PDF and assemble but from afar the effects are totally amazing.

It's a fun thing I reckon. Anyway, here it is....
http://homokaasu.org/rasterbator/
Matt
rokkstar

Postby Alpha_7 on Thu Aug 25, 2005 6:12 pm

Sounds like a interesting toy, I'll give it a spin.
Alpha_7

Postby stormygirl on Thu Aug 25, 2005 6:32 pm

I used this the other day to 'create' a poster sized scan of a fairy for my Daughter's Birthday Party! Worked a treat, and the kids loved 'pinning the wand' on it!! :wink:
stormygirl

Return to Important links