Selling Hasselblad CF lenses where?

Items of local interest for those in Sydney

Moderators: Greg B, Nnnnsic, Geoff, Glen, gstark, Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is. Please also check the portal page for more information on this.

Selling Hasselblad CF lenses where?

Postby vanstar on Wed May 23, 2007 6:25 pm

Hi, have had the 50, 120 macro and 180mm for consignment sale at Sydney Foto Riesel for some months now but no takers.
Can anyone suggest other stores/ways, other than ebay?
Sorry if this post is a little off topic.
Thanks
vanstar

Postby Matt. K on Wed May 23, 2007 7:25 pm

vanstar
Whilst they will still bring a reasonable price....you should have sold them 3 years ago. I recently saw a near mint 500C with a 50mm, 80mm 150mm and 250mm lens and accessories go for $6000. 20 years ago that bundle would easily fetch $21000!
Regards

Matt. K
Matt. K
Former Outstanding Member Of The Year and KM

Postby phillipb on Wed May 23, 2007 7:55 pm

Mind if I ask why not Ebay? May not be the safest place to buy, but when you're selling you have nothing to worry about.

**Nikon D7000**
phillipb

Postby DaveB on Thu May 24, 2007 1:07 pm

phillipb wrote:Mind if I ask why not Ebay? May not be the safest place to buy, but when you're selling you have nothing to worry about.

Not exactly true, but the risks are different.
For example, if you're paid with a credit card (e.g. via PayPal) and then ship the item, it's possible for the credit card owner to later dispute the transaction and you're left with no money and no item.
Certainly direct-deposit payments don't have this problem, but they're only available domestically...
DaveB

Postby DaveB on Thu May 24, 2007 1:10 pm

Vanstar, I can only suggest phoning other dealers and asking them about your options. It may be that these just aren't moving very fast...

I'd talk to Camera Exchange in Melbourne (even if you don't necessarily want to send the cameras to Melbourne for consignment sale, they should be able to give you some useful commentary).
DaveB

Postby phillipb on Thu May 24, 2007 6:47 pm

DaveB wrote:
phillipb wrote:Mind if I ask why not Ebay? May not be the safest place to buy, but when you're selling you have nothing to worry about.

Not exactly true, but the risks are different.
For example, if you're paid with a credit card (e.g. via PayPal) and then ship the item, it's possible for the credit card owner to later dispute the transaction and you're left with no money and no item.
Certainly direct-deposit payments don't have this problem, but they're only available domestically...

It's up to the seller to decide what type of payments you accept, if you don't want to accept credit card then don't.
For example, whenever I sell something, I don't accept paypal, never had a problem.

**Nikon D7000**
phillipb

Postby vanstar on Fri May 25, 2007 9:53 am

Ebay, just seem such as hassel (bad pun).

Also, have no seller history with them.
Cheers,
Rudi
vanstar

Postby Reschsmooth on Fri May 25, 2007 11:20 am

Have you tried European Cameras in Drummoyne? I believe they sell items on commission for vendors. I have no experience with them.

P
Regards, Patrick

Two or three lights, any lens on a light-tight box are sufficient for the realisation of the most convincing image. Man Ray 1935.
Our mug is smug
Reschsmooth

Postby vanstar on Wed Jun 06, 2007 8:36 pm

Reschsmooth wrote:Have you tried European Cameras in Drummoyne? I believe they sell items on commission for vendors. I have no experience with them.

P

Thanks Patrick will give it all longer, then pull the lenses from F.R, if needed.
vanstar

Postby big pix on Wed Jun 06, 2007 8:46 pm

Reschsmooth wrote:Have you tried European Cameras in Drummoyne? I believe they sell items on commission for vendors. I have no experience with them.

P

good people to deal with...... I have been dealing with them too many years to say....
Cheers ....bp....
Difference between a good street photographer and a great street photographer....
Removing objects that do not belong...
happy for the comments, but
.....Please DO NOT edit my image.....
http://bigpix.smugmug.com Forever changing
big pix

Return to Sydney