Nude Photography Locations

Items of local interest for those in Sydney

Moderators: Greg B, Nnnnsic, Geoff, Glen, gstark, Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is. Please also check the portal page for more information on this.

Nude Photography Locations

Postby Nick C on Mon Mar 31, 2008 6:04 pm

Can anyone recommend me any good locations around Sydney for early morning nude photography? Thanks :wink:
Nick C

Re: Nude Photography Locations

Postby gstark on Mon Mar 31, 2008 6:17 pm

Nick,

Please put your location into your profile. This needs to be a meaningful location (please see the front page and the FAQ).

There's lots of places where this can be done. Can you please elaborate a little on your question, as I don;t quite understand your problem. What sort of shots are you trying to capture? What sort of a mood, what sort of a feel?
g.
Gary Stark
Nikon, Canon, Bronica .... stuff
The people who want English to be the official language of the United States are uncomfortable with their leaders being fluent in it - US Pres. Bartlet
gstark
Site Admin

Postby Glen on Mon Mar 31, 2008 7:20 pm

Nick, you don't gives us much of a clue to where you are to make suggestions
http://wolfeyes.com.au Tactical Torches - Tactical Flashlights Police torch rechargeable torch military torch police military HID surefire flashlight LED torch tactical torch rechargeable wolf eyes flashlight surefire torch wolf eyes tactical torchpolice torch
Thank You
Glen

Postby Nick C on Mon Mar 31, 2008 7:58 pm

Sorry about the vague details. Basically, my art director wants a location which has ample sunlight during early morning with adequate privacy around Sydney Metro (30 mins by car). Preferably near beaches/waterfronts.

So far I have managed to gather very basic information about these 3 places.

Obelisk Beach
Rocks at Coogee Beach (I have no idea where along Coogee Beach are the rocks)
Old Fort @ La Perouse (Is this the one on Bare Island? Is it available for public access?)

Any additional information will be helpful. Thanks.
Nick C

Postby gstark on Mon Mar 31, 2008 8:28 pm

Ok ...

Obelisk beach is a nude beach, open to the public. So too is Lady Bay, around the corner from Camp Cove. Obelisk might have better privacy than Lady Bay.

The rocks around Coogee ... they would be at either end of the beach, and likewise the rocks and walk from south Bondi through Tamarama and on to Bronte. I wouldn't count too much on privacy from any of those, but all are accessible. For any of those areas, you would probably need to get a council permit, as it seems that you are doing this on a commercial basis. Woolahra council for Lady Bay, Waverly for Bondi, Tamarama and Bronte, and Randwick for Coogee, Obelisk and Bare Island/La Perouse.

I don't know if Bare Island is open for this sort of thing, but I would also exercise a little caution in terms of personal safety in that area. What about the sand dunes off Cronulla? Perhaps somewhere like Burning Palms in the Royal National Park? That requires a bit of a trek though, but the trek would almost guarantee some measure of privacy.

And what about approaching some real estate agents to see if they're aware of any waterside properties that might be suitable? While you may need to pay for venue rental, that would be negated by the fact that you wouldn't need to pay council fees.

Or perhaps one of the golf courses in the area? Little Bay, Bonnie Doon, The Lakes ...
g.
Gary Stark
The people who want English to be the official language of the United States are uncomfortable with their leaders being fluent in it - US Pres. Bartlet
gstark
Site Admin

Postby the foto fanatic on Mon Mar 31, 2008 10:31 pm

I have seen nude people around the end of New South Wales Golf Club at La Perouse...

but they weren't playing golf! :D
TFF (Trevor)
My History Blog: Your Brisbane: Past & Present
My Photo Blog: The Foto Fanatic
Nikon stuff!
the foto fanatic

Postby shakey on Mon Mar 31, 2008 11:56 pm

cricketfan wrote:I have seen nude people around the end of New South Wales Golf Club at La Perouse...

Which hole were they on?
shakey

Postby Glen on Tue Apr 01, 2008 9:11 am

Nick, Obelisk gets sun in the western end in the morning, the beach faces north and runs east to west, lots of foliage and and a beach. It will probably be quiet but I would not bank on isolation, at this and any of these locations you are likely to get people walking the dog etc. Obelisk is a nude beach so you are not likely to be hassled and I doubt it is on Mosman Rangers standard run. The walk down is on a small path, fine with a backpack or two, very hard work with studio lights or similar.
http://wolfeyes.com.au Tactical Torches - Tactical Flashlights Police torch rechargeable torch military torch police military HID surefire flashlight LED torch tactical torch rechargeable wolf eyes flashlight surefire torch wolf eyes tactical torchpolice torch
Thank You
Glen

Postby sirhc55 on Tue Apr 01, 2008 9:20 am

Glen wrote:Nick, Obelisk gets sun in the western end in the morning, the beach faces north and runs east to west, lots of foliage and and a beach. It will probably be quiet but I would not bank on isolation, at this and any of these locations you are likely to get people walking the dog etc. Obelisk is a nude beach so you are not likely to be hassled and I doubt it is on Mosman Rangers standard run. The walk down is on a small path, fine with a backpack or two, very hard work with studio lights or similar.

You should write a book Glen - “Glen’s Guide to Sydney” :) :lol: :) :lol:
Chris
--------------------------------
I started my life with nothing and I’ve still got most of it left
sirhc55
Key Member

Postby Glen on Tue Apr 01, 2008 9:29 am

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Thank You
Glen

Postby gstark on Tue Apr 01, 2008 9:34 am

Will there be one that's rated "G" ?
g.
Gary Stark
gstark
Site Admin

Postby the foto fanatic on Tue Apr 01, 2008 9:41 am

shakey wrote:
cricketfan wrote:I have seen nude people around the end of New South Wales Golf Club at La Perouse...

Which hole were they on?

Good question!

My mates and I were playing the par three sixth, which runs along Botany Bay. I don't know what hole they were on.

But he should have been using a snorkel, if you catch my drift...

It brightened up my golf round no end!

:D
TFF (Trevor)
My History Blog: Your Brisbane: Past & Present
My Photo Blog: The Foto Fanatic
Nikon stuff!
the foto fanatic

Postby Nick C on Tue Apr 01, 2008 9:47 am

gstark wrote:Ok ...

Obelisk beach is a nude beach, open to the public. So too is Lady Bay, around the corner from Camp Cove. Obelisk might have better privacy than Lady Bay.

The rocks around Coogee ... they would be at either end of the beach, and likewise the rocks and walk from south Bondi through Tamarama and on to Bronte. I wouldn't count too much on privacy from any of those, but all are accessible. For any of those areas, you would probably need to get a council permit, as it seems that you are doing this on a commercial basis. Woolahra council for Lady Bay, Waverly for Bondi, Tamarama and Bronte, and Randwick for Coogee, Obelisk and Bare Island/La Perouse.

I don't know if Bare Island is open for this sort of thing, but I would also exercise a little caution in terms of personal safety in that area. What about the sand dunes off Cronulla? Perhaps somewhere like Burning Palms in the Royal National Park? That requires a bit of a trek though, but the trek would almost guarantee some measure of privacy.

And what about approaching some real estate agents to see if they're aware of any waterside properties that might be suitable? While you may need to pay for venue rental, that would be negated by the fact that you wouldn't need to pay council fees.

Or perhaps one of the golf courses in the area? Little Bay, Bonnie Doon, The Lakes ...

Thanks for the heap of information.

Will check out the Sand Dunes. Seems pretty interesting.

Glen wrote:Nick, Obelisk gets sun in the western end in the morning, the beach faces north and runs east to west, lots of foliage and and a beach. It will probably be quiet but I would not bank on isolation, at this and any of these locations you are likely to get people walking the dog etc. Obelisk is a nude beach so you are not likely to be hassled and I doubt it is on Mosman Rangers standard run. The walk down is on a small path, fine with a backpack or two, very hard work with studio lights or similar.

Will do a final recce of this location this week. I don't think we will be carrying lots of equipment. Just lots of "ghetto" strobes.
Nick C

Postby timno1 on Tue Apr 01, 2008 4:13 pm

I was going to ask a similar question on here,because i have been asked by a friend who wants to start up her own webpage with the hope of getting into the modelling business,and she wants some nude shots for her portfolio.
I have heard that its quite a trek to get to Obelisk Beach,and the beach is very tiny......is this true? I was thinking it might be a bit hard to get any privacy if there are other people on the beach,if it's so small.
timno1

Postby Glen on Tue Apr 01, 2008 4:56 pm

Hi Timno,
you wont get any privacy there in the middle of the day (then again it is a nude beach) but the early morning would be ok. The track down is about 150 metres, you never have to use your hands but some do, if that gives you an indication of steepness. It is not Bondi, but is about 60-70 metres of beach but not particularly deep, maybe 10m depending on tide, so many lie in the small amount of grass surrounding. For the best location I would suggest bringing a large yacht and moor about 20m off the shore.
Thank You
Glen

Postby timno1 on Tue Apr 01, 2008 5:13 pm

I will definitely be doing the shoot on a weekday,so hopefully it should be pretty quiet then.I have told the model that the area may not be too private,she just said "thats ok,i dont mind",so i guess all is good,even if if its not too quiet.
timno1

Postby Nick C on Sun Apr 06, 2008 4:17 pm

Did the shoot today. Went pretty well, till a "off duty" park ranger came and told us to move off. I think she was just peeved that the model had a greater bod than herself :P Also shot at nude beach at high tide so there wasn't anyone around but there was an influx of fishing boats :P
Nick C

Postby timno1 on Mon Apr 07, 2008 10:52 am

Hey Nic,did you do your shoot at Obelisk Beach? Is it a good setting for a shoot?
timno1

Postby Big Red on Mon Apr 07, 2008 11:15 am

shakey wrote:

Which hole were they on?

the 000 hole maybe?
Big Red

Postby Nick C on Mon Apr 07, 2008 2:50 pm

timno1 wrote:Hey Nic,did you do your shoot at Obelisk Beach? Is it a good setting for a shoot?

Went for Lady Bay instead. It was high tide so there wasn't anyone around.
Nick C

Postby surenj on Mon Apr 07, 2008 10:49 pm

Suppose now we are awaiting to see the pictures ;)
surenj

Return to Sydney